Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing this exam? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed I am, how are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty confident. It's an easy exam. Just hoping it's not too easy as I don't want sky high grade boundaries like in January!

For general solutions to trig equations, does it matter what form it is in? Sometimes I use (-1)^n instead of listing them separately for sinx.

What about you? Are you resitting?

ReputationRep:
    Re-sitting this on Friday. Don't really need Further Maths for Uni but I'd like a decent B.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the most recent past papers, I'd say we're due a long question on asymptotes & inequalities, linear interpolation for the numerical methods with possibly having to mark the solutions on a graph, a 'show that the gradient is h+...' question for the calculus chapter and the trig question being in the form of tan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    Pretty confident. It's an easy exam. Just hoping it's not too easy as I don't want sky high grade boundaries like in January!

For general solutions to trig equations, does it matter what form it is in? Sometimes I use (-1)^n instead of listing them separately for sinx.

What about you? Are you resitting?
    No not a resit. Yeah I feel pretty confident.

Also I always used (-1)^n for my sin general solutions and I checked with teachers that it will be marked correctly so thats fine!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing this exam. Not too concerned, as have been doing fine on past papers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this one too. Not feeling too worried....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.