The Student Room Group

Need some advice

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi. If I was you, I would contact the uni you want to study in. coz every uni and every course has different requirements I believe ? For example my friend will study business and he needs only 220 ucas points. I will study graphic design and I need 280 ucas points. do u see what I mean ?
Reply 2
Firstly, writing on a phone isn't really an excuse for poor spelling and grammar - not that it particularly matters as it's still understandable. As far as I'm aware you're not too late to apply for clearing. Lastly, it probably wouldn't particularly hurt to give C4 another go, but equally if you can find a course you like with the grades you have got it may not make a huge difference.
Reply 3
Yes you can apply for clearing this year. If you complete a UCAS application form after 30th June you will automatically be entered into clearing. If you don't get a place through clearing this year then I would say it is worth doing some resits if you feel you can improve on your grades. However if you can find several suitable courses that ask for 200 ucas points then it wouldn't matter so much.
To find suitable courses with your grades/points (though it wont tell you if they have places left for this year) - www.whatuni.com

You can search either on straight degree courses or foundation courses (a pre-degree year for those without high enough qualifications that will give you entry to the full degree the following year) - just select as appropriate on the 'Degree' drop down, enter you preferred subject and Search. On the next page you can enter your grades/points as a filter and see a list of possible courses/Unis.

It might be worth thinking about doing a Foundation course at a 'good' Uni (and therefore preferential progression to their normal degree course) rather than a degree at a 'not so good' Uni?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending