Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR,

What is the best YouTube repeat website?

I've been looking everywhere. No luck.

So I've made my own.
    http://www.youtubeqwe.com/

My lifelong mission since coming out of my mother's womb is to create the best possible YouTube repeat website, and I need your help.

It is non-profit, meaning that I do not generate profit from it at all. There are no advertisements and I pay for the running costs for the website. I just want to provide the best service possible.

If you have any ideas, tell me. I think the YouTube repeat website I have created is one of the best, I just need a few suggestions and optimisations of the code.

List here any similar sites you come across, so that I can do some market research! :P

Thanks,
    Alan Du.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanDu)
    Hello TSR,

What is the best YouTube repeat website?

I've been looking everywhere. No luck.

So I've made my own.
    http://www.youtubeqwe.com/
    I've been using a website called listenonrepeat.com. Normally what you do is you just type in the word 'repeat' after the 'youtube' in the URL and before the '.com'. It redirects you to their website. Or you just type listenonrepeat instead of youtube before the .com.
    Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally need to watch Youtube videos on repeat. If I do, I have an extension on Google Chrome that will do it for me.

I'm afraid I don't normally use websites that require you adding bits to the URL. It's much easier to have it built in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanDu)
    I think the YouTube repeat website I have created is one of the best
    Yet your website say's it is "the number one" website. AKA the best.

It's been done before, i find it hard to believe you've been "looking everywhere" for a site because google just found about 20 others. Hell even bing found about 20 others. And besides it's easier to have an extension built in to the browser than type it into the address bar.

Also why are you not making money off this? I find it hard to believe that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    Yet your website say's it is "the number one" website. AKA the best.

It's been done before, i find it hard to believe you've been "looking everywhere" for a site because google just found about 20 others. Hell even bing found about 20 others. And besides it's easier to have an extension built in to the browser than type it into the address bar.

Also why are you not making money off this? I find it hard to believe that.
    I don't make money of this because I don't want to and also because I don't think it would make much anyways, I don't have any advertisements on the page. Of course many website owners will tell you that their website is "number one" when it is in fact not, as it can improve the user's experience in psychological ways and is a method of visitor retention.

ReputationRep:
    Why not attempt to make money. It's definately worth getting a small return on your creation.

Try Google Adsense.

If you have a Linux Apache webserver, try using cPanel. It has a build in script selector that has multiple YouTube style scripts that are fully operational with major functions.

Ensure that you have a suitable bandwidth package though. Impressive first attempt, I wish you the best of luck.

James.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've been using youtuberepeat.com for some time now, and I think they are the best.

AdvancedNothing

ReputationRep:
    Im a total noob here but how do you create your own website with a normal url rather than one of the blog ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    Im a total noob here but how do you create your own website with a normal url rather than one of the blog ones
    You buy your own domain from a domain registrar.

Also OP if its OK with you I'm gonna pentest your site, ok? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabRoh)
    You buy your own domain from a domain registrar.

Also OP if its OK with you I'm gonna pentest your site, ok? :rolleyes:
    How much do they normally cost. And how difficult would it be to make a forum similar to TSR, would someone with no qualifications be able to just read guides to do all the coding or whatever it consists of?

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to host the website yourself, and pay for a domain name

ReputationRep:
    How much do they normally cost. And how difficult would it be to make a forum similar to TSR, would someone with no qualifications be able to just read guides to do all the coding or whatever it consists of?
    For the domain name as little as a £1, add hosting (paid monthly) to that and it brings the total to around £50 for the year. It wouldn't be difficult to replicate TSR in terms of site functionality, design etc. But the difficult thing would be to drive real targeted traffic to your site. And this is all before you start making money by plaguing the site with ads.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.