Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We were in a relationship for about 2 1/2 months and he suddenly dumped me because he said I was too tight...

Now I am a student so I don't exactly have money to throw away. We used to go for meals and I paid a few times but he definitely paid for both of us a lot more than I did. I simply couldn't afford it.

I'm on minimum wage and he is above MW, and does more hours so he has more money than me. He seems to think that I had lots of money but just wasn't spending it. For example he would ask me to come to the cinema but I just didn't have enough money and I wasn't due to be paid for another 2 weeks. I tried to explain but he didn't want to listen to my 'excuses'.

Do you think this was the sole reason for dumping me? I don't think we had any problems but I don't see why he couldn't have just spoken to me about it. I would have told him everything. There must have been another reason?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an excuse to me, ask him to give a real reason so you can get some actual closure .

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, to digress, I definitely didn't think you meant money tight at first

Anyway onto the real reply: sounds like he isn't someone you'd want to be a relationship anyway. He probably was just to much of a coward to say that he'd got bored/found someone else/was too much of a manchild to be a proper relationship, so tried to find any other excuse which puts you in the wrong!

Forget about him and move on. 2 months is hardly any time at all anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was because you were too tight in more ways than one :mmm: But I would get in touch with him, have him talk to you about it etc just so you can have real closure

ReputationRep:
    I'm with these guys I totes thought you were talking about your punani

At least you were together for a short while. I've been with my bf for 8 years now, can hardly dump him for stuff like this can I

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.