Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been seeing a guy I used to work with for nearly a year now, behind his (long distance) girlfriends back. I know I shouldnt be seeing him and I feel guilty but I've always liked him and staying away is pretty much impossible now. Hes just using both of us and I know that but he keeps telling me he will break up with her and I want to beleive that is true. I get regular emails blackmailing me about telling his girlfriend, but it never actually happens other than once, which I think he explained away to her. the thing is its more than just sex, we basically act like a couple all the time and I dont want to lose that.

ReputationRep:
    So why the thread? So we can say "yeah"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    staying away is pretty much impossible now
    You appear to have mistaken "impossible" for not wanting to.

ReputationRep:
    staying away is pretty much impossible now. Hes just using both of us and I know that but he keeps telling me he will break up with her and I want to beleive that is true. I get regular emails blackmailing me about telling his girlfriend, but it never actually happens other than once, which I think he explained away to her.

Wait he blackmails YOU to tell HIS girlfriend?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    I've been seeing a guy I used to work with for nearly a year now, behind his (long distance) girlfriends back. I know I shouldnt be seeing him and I feel guilty but I've always liked him and staying away is pretty much impossible now. Hes just using both of us and I know that but he keeps telling me he will break up with her and I want to beleive that is true. I get regular emails blackmailing me about telling his girlfriend, but it never actually happens other than once, which I think he explained away to her. the thing is its more than just sex, we basically act like a couple all the time and I dont want to lose that.
    You need to get rid of him, he will probably get rid of you eventually anyway as harsh as that sounds. He won't leave his girlfriend, they never do.

ReputationRep:
    Run awaaaay, run awaaaay, run faaaaar awaaaaay, this whole situation will blow up in your face. He won't leave his girlfriend (if he was going to he would have done it by now). You obviously appreciate being part of a couple (semi-couple?), but this is NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. He is cheating on his girlfriend, and if a miracle happens and he does leave her, he will cheat on you too.

Delete his number. Don't go to social events he's at. Block him on Facebook. Cut off all contact and find someone to be your other half who is faithful, and loyal, and actually appreciates you as more than a back-up plan. Put all the effort you're currently investing into him into going out with your friends, meeting new people, or hell even on online dating - just don't hang around with this cheater.

I know it's hard to leave someone you have strong feelings for, but sometimes, it has to be done. Our hearts aren't rational and sometimes they set themselves on someone who's no good for us; then it's the job of our brains to say "NO" and cut off contact as cleanly and quickly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    If he's maintaining an LDR while with someone locally, no offence intended but he must be way more in to the other girl. Otherwise, you're the better pick due to locality, seems like he's just using you to 'fill a gap'.

You don't want to be that girl, it's not going anywhere for you. It'll probably screw him over eventually too if you carried on, so you're both better off apart.

That's obviously not what you want to hear..!

ReputationRep:
    If he's not happy with his girlfriend he should end it, not sleep with you. If he breaks up with her and gets with you it wouldn't make it any better.

I feel you need to come to your senses and dump him, what you're doing is wrong and if it was meant to be, he would be with you. Just think if you did get with him (without the girlfriend) he could do the same to you as he is doing to his girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I've been in this situation.
    I know youre probably aware of this, but it will not end well. The best thing you can do is get out of it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty would you actually want to be in a relationship with him? Even if he does leave his girlfriend, which he probably won't, you'd always be suspicious of him cheating on you. If he did it to her, he could do it to you. I'd just be the stronger person and end it with him.

ReputationRep:
    Your not a ***** for being the other girl. He's the douchebag for having the two of you. If you're not comfortable with the situation and feel that you also are just being used then leave.

ReputationRep:
    1. If he wanted to leave his girlfriend, it's unlikely it'd take you to decide that for him. He would have left her by now.

2. The fact he blackmails you in regards to his 'long term girlfriend' is a sure sign not to go near him.

3. He sounds immature and spiteful.

4. This will only end badly, steer clear.

ReputationRep:
    So he's cheating on his girlfriend with you. Then he'll obviously cheat on you with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Im a b***h
    and so?I'm sure nobody on TSR can blame Brd Pitt

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.