The Student Room Group

English Language AQA higher GCSE

Hi! :smile: On the 4th of June I am sitting my english language GCSE, I am doing higher tier and I'm a bit confused, in my coursework overall I have an A - 102 UMS points I think, how many UMS points needed (coursework and exam combined) for an A or a B?? And how many marks (out of 80) in the exam would I need to get an A or B overall, does that make sense??:smile: thanks!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
How are you revising for the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
We are doing revision in lessons leading up to the exam and my school holds weekend revision classes, I'm not too worried about the content I know but I am extremely worried about time limits, I didn't finish my mock exam and I'm hoping to Improve this time!:smile: do you have any advice for time management??:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
No lol, I completely failed my mock which I why I think I am stressing out so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Well I am also doing the exam and I am doing a lot of pass papers and reading a lot of articles and trying to identify the purpose of the text ect. I do 1 pass paper a day and I will ask my teacher to mark it and tell me how I can improve. Also time your self for each question that way you can get use to the pressure. In addition, try and read a books to help improve your vocabulary. I don't have much more to say because I am in the same situation as yourself so GOOD LUCK.
Reply 5
Thank you! Good luck to you too!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Does looking at old exam papers and mark schemes help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Personally it helps me but different things help different people!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Ok thanks will give that a go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm revising using Mr Bruff's videos on YouTube and this revision guide which is amazing since it not only has a workbook full of practice questions but it also has example A*/A (and sometimes C grade answers for comparison) on nearly every topic! :smile:

On a side note, what is your total mark for your speaking and listening controlled assessment? :smile:
Reply 10
Ermm I'm not too sure, I think it is fifty something, all I know is that I got an A in speaking and listening and an A on my writing so they combine to make an overall A :smile: and thanks for the revision guide!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Good luck to everyone sitting it! The best preparation is doing lots of past paper :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest