Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I find this girl who changed sex to boy really attractive Watch

Is this weird? I always thought guys who turn into women really gross but I met this girl who is turning into a guy looks better than real guys?

Since then I have been researching the topic and I found this sex change girl to guy who looks almost exactly like the girl/guy I like.

Am I just attracted to girls or what? can you tell me if you think this person looks like a male or really feminine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3civRkkrA0

ReputationRep:
    Trans people aren't gross! As you've just discovered. (It's probably also worth mentioning that people who go through sex changes have - often - always identified as the gender they're transitioning to; in their heads they've always been this way, their body just needs a bit of help to catch up.)

I think the person you linked to looks male. Actually I know a very similar-looking born-male male. But, regardless, sexuality is a lot more complicated than "I am attracted to boys" or "I am attracted to girls". Look up the Kinsey scale.

If you like and fancy this person, why not ask them out? It is not weird to be attracted to people!

ReputationRep:
    I would probably just think the person in the video was a normal guy if i didn't know beforehand (and he wasn't talking about testosterone treatments :P).

Anyway 21st century, developed society, knock yourself out (or more accurately knock one outa him)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildbluesun)
    Trans people aren't gross! As you've just discovered. (It's probably also worth mentioning that people who go through sex changes have - often - always identified as the gender they're transitioning to; in their heads they've always been this way, their body just needs a bit of help to catch up.)

I think the person you linked to looks male. Actually I know a very similar-looking born-male male. But, regardless, sexuality is a lot more complicated than "I am attracted to boys" or "I am attracted to girls". Look up the Kinsey scale.

If you like and fancy this person, why not ask them out? It is not weird to be attracted to people!
    Just no.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should over analyse it too much. You can't really put someone like that in a strict gender category but you probably just have a preference for more feminine guys in general.

It's not weird to like a trans person, why don't you try getting to know them?

(by the way I'd say that the guy in the video just looks like a naturally effeminate guy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I don't think you should over analyse it too much. You can't really put someone like that in a strict gender category but you probably just have a preference for more feminine guys in general.

It's not weird to like a trans person, why don't you try getting to know them?

(by the way I'd say that the guy in the video just looks like a naturally effeminate guy)
    Tbh a person changing their sex is unnatural....pumping estrogen, testosterone etc

As a straight man I would never want to marry a transgender person. Call me small minded, but they were not created as a female to 'begin with' - so it will be the equivilent of if I married a man that is now wearing a new outfit.

Also if you have kids by marrying one, it will set an example for your kids that its ok to change your sex artificially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this weird? I always thought guys who turn into women really gross but I met this girl who is turning into a guy looks better than real guys?

Since then I have been researching the topic and I found this sex change girl to guy who looks almost exactly like the girl/guy I like.

Am I just attracted to girls or what? can you tell me if you think this person looks like a male or really feminine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3civRkkrA0
    Don't be alarmed. You're attracted to him because he IS a guy. He was never a women, he was just born with the wrong equipment. It's as simple as that.

May need to get over thinking transsexuals are 'gross' though. That's a very immature and naive thing to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the last person. You plain and simply find these people attractive. I've liked some women who were born male before, and it's just because they happen to be my type, just as Ruth Lorenzo and Helena Bonham Carter are my type.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Tbh a person changing their sex is unnatural....pumping estrogen, testosterone etc

As a straight man I would never want to marry a transgender person. Call me small minded, but they were not created as a female to 'begin with' - so it will be the equivilent of if I married a man that is now wearing a new outfit.

Also if you have kids by marrying one, it will set an example for your kids that its ok to change your sex artificially.
    What you need to understand is that each person is essentially comprised of two parts:

Gender - mental
    Sex - physical

Somebody who is male to female transgendered was born with a female gender but male sex. Mentally they are female, however their reproductive organs are those of the opposite sex.
    As there is nothing that can be done to change a persons gender they essentially have two choices. They can spend their entire life pretending to be something they are not, having to act as a gender that they are not, meaning that they will lead a miserable life because they are having to constantly suppress who they really are. Or they can take steps to change their sex so that it matches their gender, which while an incredibly difficult thing to do, which is only made harder by people like you, at least means that they will eventually be able to lead a happy life where they don't need to put on an act.

Essentially what you're saying is that you think people who are transgendered should have to spend their entire life unhappy, acting like something that they are not, how nice of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)
    What you need to understand is that each person is essentially comprised of two parts:

Gender - mental
    Sex - physical

Somebody who is male to female transgendered was born with a female gender but male sex. Mentally they are female, however their reproductive organs are those of the opposite sex.
    As there is nothing that can be done to change a persons gender they essentially have two choices. They can spend their entire life pretending to be something they are not, having to act as a gender that they are not, meaning that they will lead a miserable life because they are having to constantly suppress who they really are. Or they can take steps to change their sex so that it matches their gender, which while an incredibly difficult thing to do, which is only made harder by people like you, at least means that they will eventually be able to lead a happy life where they don't need to put on an act.

Essentially what you're saying is that you think people who are transgendered should have to spend their entire life unhappy, acting like something that they are not, how nice of you.
    Is this scientifically proven?

And even if they change their body, I dont consider them to be a real woman/man as they have artificially done it.

ReputationRep:
    Is this scientifically proven?

And even if they change their body, I dont consider them to be a real woman/man as they have artificially done it.
    It's the opinion held by the entire medical community, after decades of studying it.

So you don't, but the medical and academic communities do as does the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)
    It's the opinion held by the entire medical community, after decades of studying it.

So you don't, but the medical and academic communities do as does the law.
    Fair enough, I have nothing against people dating trans gendered people, but it just isnt my cup of tea.

ReputationRep:

That's your personal opinion though. This person has already said they are attracted to a transgender person.

I don't think the argument of what is "natural" is very relevant though. Lots of things we do to out bodies these days are unnatural. Would you date someone who dyed their hair? or needed insulin? Or maybe someone with PCOS who needed hormones?

But anyway, no one on this thread is saying you have to date a trans person. It's your personal preference whether you would or not.

ReputationRep:
    That's your personal opinion though. This person has already said they are attracted to a transgender person.

I don't think the argument of what is "natural" is very relevant though. Lots of things we do to out bodies these days are unnatural. Would you date someone who dyed their hair? or needed insulin? Or maybe someone with PCOS who needed hormones?

But anyway, no one on this thread is saying you have to date a trans person. It's your personal preference whether you would or not.
    The fact is they weren't born the gender they have turned into.
    If they were born 1 or 2 centuries ago, they would be stuck in their gender. Furthermore this is reflected by the fact that if they turn into a girl, they can't conceive naturally for instance. Whereas a naturally born woman can.

Transgender from a medical stand point is a recent phenomenon.

ReputationRep:
    If they were born 1 or 2 centuries ago, they would be stuck in their gender. Furthermore this is reflected by the fact that if they turn into a girl, they can't conceive naturally for instance. Whereas a naturally born woman can.

On an unrelated note does anyone think that the transgender in the YouTube video look like Justin beiber????

ReputationRep:

I understand that viewpoint. Transgender people will never have the same bodies as they would if they were born their preferred sex.

I just think it's good that we can help some people who are so deeply unhappy with who they are. There is a huge amount of suicide amongst transgender people showing how much of a difficult decision it must be to have to make.

I think whatever we can do to make these people happier with themselves is a good thing. Even if they will never be a medically "perfect" man/woman. In the end it's only a small minority who need these treatments.

ReputationRep:
    I understand that viewpoint. Transgender people will never have the same bodies as they would if they were born their preferred sex.

I just think it's good that we can help some people who are so deeply unhappy with who they are. There is a huge amount of suicide amongst transgender people showing how much of a difficult decision it must be to have to make.

I think whatever we can do to make these people happier with themselves is a good thing. Even if they will never be a medically "perfect" man/woman. In the end it's only a small minority who need these treatments.
    I think people should date whoever they want bar children and animals. And for the most part I agree with you,

Back to the OP; I think it's wrong to assume that she is attracted to transgender people and should go ahead and date one (up to her), when the transgender looks like the the gender they are trying to be. That's like asking her if she fancies things that look like boys.

Anyone could have easily watched that video and thought it was Justin beiber for example. That doesn't mean they fancy transgenders - then again maybe I'm wrong,

Tbh I am just scared that I might meet a girl and it turns out she was transgendered, I find the whole thing deceitful in someways.

ReputationRep:
    I think people should date whoever they want bar children and animals. And for the most part I agree with you,

Back to the OP; I think it's wrong to assume that she is attracted to transgender people and should go ahead and date one (up to her), when the transgender looks like the the gender they are trying to be. That's like asking her if she fancies things that look like boys.

Anyone could have easily watched that video and thought it was Justin beiber for example. That doesn't mean they fancy transgenders - then again maybe I'm wrong,
    True, that's why I said she should get to know him better.

I'm probably biased though because gender isn't normally a factor that comes into whether I date someone. I'll admit I would have reservations about dating a trans person though.

ReputationRep:
    Well he definitely looks like a guy, no way would I have known he's trans. And you're not attracted to girls, the fact you find this guy attractive is because of his masculine features.

Good luck having biological children.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.