Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently someone just told me that I walk funny. I have noticed it sometimes , by others' body languages that they shown that they feel uncomfortable around me. I also find it hard to control my eye contact when I am stressed + nervous...

I don't know what's wrong, please give me some advice...

ReputationRep:
    Walking funny it's probaby just how it developed when you were younger. If you're really concerned then invest in a ful-length mirror to put in the hallway or bedroom and whenver you get the chance, such as when the family are out so you don't look odd walking in front of a mirror, literaly practise and develop a new walk. Get used to the feel of the walk you have deveoped and whenever you notice yourself walking funny in public then make sure you change it.
    It might take a while to get used to, but I'm sure persistence will change it.

When it comes to eye contact, it sounds like you're just not sure at all how to act when nervous. Try reading the 'shyness' article on here under health and relationships and see if that helps. The main thing I'd advise is look at inanimate objects rather than people so you don't freak anyone out. This is another thing that you can correct yourself with when you notice you're staring at someone or something.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice , I will definitely tried that out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.