Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

good recipe to cook for my boyfriend? and gift idea? please help Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to cook my boyfriend a nice romantic meal and wondered if anyone had any ideas? Im a really bad cook but I want to do it for him, cos its the thought that counts right

Im thinking a main, dessert and a bottle of wine. We both love chocolate cake so Im thinking chocolate brownies for dessert (if anyone knows any good recipes). But no idea what to do for main?

Also, I was thinking of getting him a small gift (weve only been together 2 months) so any ideas what? Or would this be too forward/make him uncomfortable?

Its just to thank him for being so amazing to me

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    deep fried toast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice-Baby)
    I want to cook my boyfriend a nice romantic meal and wondered if anyone had any ideas? Im a really bad cook but I want to do it for him, cos its the thought that counts right

Im thinking a main, dessert and a bottle of wine. We both love chocolate cake so Im thinking chocolate brownies for dessert (if anyone knows any good recipes). But no idea what to do for main?

Also, I was thinking of getting him a small gift (weve only been together 2 months) so any ideas what? Or would this be too forward/make him uncomfortable?

Its just to thank him for being so amazing to me

Thanks in advance
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwnN9q_mLP4

I cook the sauce differently .

Sorry if i haven't posted the link properly :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    warm chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chicken breast filled with philadelphia and wrapped in tasty bacon, accompanied by filling new potatoes with oven cooked vegetables and a delicious creamy philly sauce.

Made that the other day, used a wholetub of philadelphia. It was amazing. The smallish bags of new potatoes in tesco are like a pound, the tray of stir fry veggies was about 1.50, four chicken breasts and some bacon.

Chuck the chicken and veg in oven for 40 mins, potatoes in micro for 6 mins....Having this tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaGarlai)
    warm chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    exactly what im making for dessert

ReputationRep:
    A gift voucher? Something not too goey if you're worried about putting him off. My gf loves salmon so when I found that out I cooked it for her and it went down very well. Try and figure out what some of his fave food is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Steak and chips always goes down well. You could even do steak and roast or boiled spuds if you want it to look fancier. Even if you don't have the coin for a decent bit of steak, it still works as a gesture with a cheaper cut. One way I like to cook it is to fry up some onions and pour in a bit of red wine and reduce for the gravy. Doing the same with balsamic vinegar works too for a sweeter option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice-Baby)
    exactly what im making for dessert
    literally the best thing ever! you're a good girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaGarlai)
    literally the best thing ever! you're a good girlfriend
    ahh well hes amazing, treats me AMAZING, always buys stuff when we're out and doesn't let me pay, so I want to cook him a really nice meal and maybe get him a small gift

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.