Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh hai there i was procrastinating and generally looking for alternatives to revision so thought I might say a few words here. Take from them what you will.

No idea how to start so well um KITTENS from a young age (around year two) i was never the person to be seen with. So much so if someone was near me they used to start spraying themselves incase of "jamie germs" it never really improved through junior school. In year 5 and 6 a few people got a bit physical resulting in me spending multiple days locking myself in the toilets at lunch breaks. As a result I never really liked people my own age. Being shunned made me shun people. Well people my age anyway. I have always been good at holding conversations with adults.

When I went to the senior school all the "bullying" (i hate the phrase but meh) stopped. However it's marks were still there. Every year school made us do internal exams and around year 9 the pressure got to much. Some teasing had returned (not as bad but I worried it would develop into more). I hung myself. Wait what i hear you gasp your writing this... Ate you a ghost or what? No im not. When I had fallen unconscious the rope (well string) i used snapped. I came too later and put it away. Blocking out the event retreating so far into myself I lost all emotions. I kinda went on in this zombie state for about 8 months before I told my parents about it. They made me take counseling where they diagnosed me with clinical depression and severe anxiety. Past that they didn't really do much I think the guy just wanted his pay check every month. I don't recall much since then but these days though I still like everyone have bad days I'm generally happy. I have acquaintances (still can't trust them enough to call them friends) who I hang out with. I'm the person who will sit there smiling to themselves then interjects into conversations with a witty comment that nearly always gets laughs. I am definitely a crazy person. Not just from the anxiety but a fun crazy person (well i find it fun). Case in point I stared at a wall for a good hour laughing at it. No idea why but I could not stop laughing. Tbh I only need a gender change and cats and i would be the stereotype.

If yo could follow that well done. This isn't some great coming out I will tell anyone who asks about the suicide etc. Its part of me why hide from it. Basically I just wanted to say it really does get better. Hey i even had a girlfriend for a good year and a bit.

Tl;Dr I got picked on, hung myself laughed at walls.

Yes i know I'm not on reddit, sorry bout my English I did this on a phone and I'm lazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know there are such people about, but it usually takes some balls to come out wth it like that, so well done. It's definately better to be laughing at walls than crying at them, so sounds like you're really on the mend. In the meantime try and come up with some goals in life that you can work towards to stop it happening again. And avoid an addiction at all costs or it will almost definately come around again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I know there are such people about, but it usually takes some balls to come out wth it like that, so well done. It's definately better to be laughing at walls than crying at them, so sounds like you're really on the mend. In the meantime try and come up with some goals in life that you can work towards to stop it happening again. And avoid an addiction at all costs or it will almost definately come around again.
    Oh I am kinda addicted to sugar soo ah well what's the worst that could happen

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.