Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiser MacCleg)
    Then why bother posting exact earnings? Why not just fill your post with vagueness if you don't want to be challenged on anything?
    Wow, really? Does this really need to be explained to you?

Troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeman560)
    Wow, really? Does this really need to be explained to you?
    Yes, it does. I don't see an immediately apparent explanation.

You see, I called you up on your figures because all too often in debates like these I see dodgy figures plucked out of a hat which are a misrepresentation of the tax system as it currently operates. Sometimes, this is just down to (wilful, in some cases, like this one) ignorance. Sometimes, it is a deliberate attempt to make the tax system appear more burdensome to high earners than it actually is. Either way, I like to make sure that people like you get their facts straight so you guys can argue on the basis of what the tax system actually is, rather than some distortion of it.

There's a big difference between 18% and 36%, and an even bigger difference between 41% and 61%. It's not like we're niggling over a few percentage points here and there.

Troll.
    Yeah, grow up.

ReputationRep:

You see, I called you up on your figures because all too often in debates like these I see dodgy figures plucked out of a hat which are a misrepresentation of the tax system as it currently operates. Sometimes, this is just down to (wilful, in some cases, like this one) ignorance. Sometimes, it is a deliberate attempt to make the tax system appear more burdensome to high earners than it actually is. Either way, I like to make sure that people like you get their facts straight so you guys can argue on the basis of what the tax system actually is, rather than some distortion of it.

There's a big difference between 18% and 36%, and an even bigger difference between 41% and 61%. It's not like we're niggling over a few percentage points here and there.

Yeah, grow up.
    Good post dude.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, grow up.
    :facepalm2:

This has to be satire, this can't genuinely bother you. The point I was trying to make didn't rely on the figures being correct, they were just filler.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.