Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've only had the nexplanon implant in for a month, which really isn't long, i know. But I just cry all the time. I feel either really upset for no reason or really angry for no reason. I've been really moody with my boyfriend and i'm surprised he doesn't hate me!

Part of me wants to keep trying with it and persevere, but part of me thinks i just want to get it taken out. Sitting here with teary eyes as I write this, it really is making me very emotional . If I got it out I could just go back to the pill and using condoms. The pill was fine for me, i should have just stuck with it in the first place

ReputationRep:
    When I read up on it one of the side effects was mood swings for up to three months. If you really can't cope then get it removed, but the gist is that it will imporve as your body gets used to it being there.

ReputationRep:
    Which pill were you using?

ReputationRep:
    Were you put on cerazette (same hormone content as the implant) beforehand? Usually you will be offered to try it in pill form for three months to see how you get on with it, rather than putting in the implant straight away which would be more awkward to get out than it would to stop the pills. If you did try the pills beforehand and didn't get these symptoms then they may be either late onset or related to something else - any situations you have going on atm etc. If not, it could just be a test of time with the hormones while your body gets used to it and you may improve or you may not. Either way, I'd recommend speaking to someone at the place where you had it put in.
    Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Most nurses will recommend to you that you keep it in for at least 3 months - that gives it time to settle. It's quite a difference having the implant, and it doesn't work for everyone.

I'd probably speak to the place you got it done, but like I said they will likely try to get you to leave it for a bit longer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.