Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on my gap year and right now I am wondering what to do with what remains of it. I have spent the last 8 months working 40-60 hours a week in a supermarket saving up the money I need for university as my student loan is only £3500 a year and my parents won't be able to make up the difference. Work have offered me a transfer to my university town when I go to uni (only 4 months now!).
    I really want to go inter-railing this summer so I don't feel that I've wasted my gap year but I probably won't be able to because I'll need to remain employed if I want my transfer. I'm asking for some leave before I go to uni between quitting my current store and starting at my new one so I can go travelling. But if this doesn't happen does anyone have any other suggestions of good things to do over the summer that I can fit around work that will be fun because I am so bored right now!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Misleading Username+Thread title

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.