Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

Currently about to apply for Independent SAAS loan/busary.
    What would be the implications if I broke up with my gf and went back home to live with my parents?
    Income would be in higher tier (parents) compared to lower tier (gf).
    Would I have to tell SAAS about this? Obviously the loan amount would be reduced so ideally I wouldn't want to say to SAAS till the following academic year. Can I realistically get away with this?
    Would appreciate a response.

Thanks
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    You are supposed to tell them if there's a change to your circumstances and that would be included. Could you get away with it? Sure, almost certainly, but the higher loan will just add to your overall debt! I live with my boyfriend and am considered an independent student too, but I wouldn't be able to move back home if we split and I need the money I receive right now. If you can survive on less, I'd do that because it'll make it easier for you in the long run.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.