Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hope i dont sound like a **** in this but here goes...
    Right, so I met this girl on holiday last summer and she seems really into me. She's always suggesting we meet up even though she lives on the South Coast and I live near Manchester.
    Ive been texting her over the last few weeks, and she even started sending naked pictures of herself to me.
    I want to try and break it off with her because she seems a bit too needy and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. She texts me almost everyday, and I just need a bit of space over this exam period
    I also need to mention that I've started "seeing" another girl, which nobody knows about but me and her.
    Any Advice on how to break it off with the long distance girl without sounding like an ass would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Drive her away by sending her photos of you in a stained shirt, food in your beard and dirty fingernails.

ReputationRep:
    "I need a bit of space, let's just be friends?"

You do sound like a bit of an arse by saying you need to "ditch" her. Just tell her how you feel, the sooner you do it the easier it will be for both of you.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you tell her that you were not interested?

You've left it this long, and given her encouragement by replying to her texts.

Since you're now with someone else, you should just be honest and tell her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Text her this:
    "Hi, [name]. I'm really flattered by your interest, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable if we had less contact. I'm very busy over the exam period and barely have time to reply to texts. Also, I'm getting close to another girl, and I don't think it's really appropriate for you to flirt with me/send me naked pictures under these circumstances."

That's nice and polite and puts the blame on exams/a different relationship. But if she persists, become less and less polite until she gets the message. Send these, or similar to these, regardless of what she's texted you - don't reply to the content of the text, just reply to the fact that she's texted you:

"[name], I'm happy that you're still interested in me, but I really do need a bit more space; please text me less."

"[name], I really need you to stop texting me."

"What are you not getting about this. Go away."

If she won't leave you alone after a final "go away", rename her number "ignore this number" and do just that no matter what she texts or when she calls. Eventually, she will give up.

From the girl with the won't-get-the-message ex-boyfriend! (I ditched him about a year ago and every so often I see a missed call from "ignore this number" at about 3am...drunk dialing, I hope.)

ReputationRep:
    Might try the old "lost my phone" trick. Bit of a **** move but it could work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    Why didn't you tell her that you were not interested?

You've left it this long, and given her encouragement by replying to her texts.

Since you're now with someone else, you should just be honest and tell her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest I don't know. It was just a bit too easy to get her to take pictures and that without asking for anything in return. I feel like a bit of an arse.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.