Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking at renting a house, we have picked it, and given a deposit. But before we sign anything, we want to make sure they are a genuine company, not just going to rip us off. They are a liverpool based company, called Top Property Services.

I am just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them at all, and if so, if they are real?

http://topproperty-services.com/

Thanks, Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joneschri)
    I am looking at renting a house, we have picked it, and given a deposit. But before we sign anything, we want to make sure they are a genuine company, not just going to rip us off. They are a liverpool based company, called Top Property Services.

I am just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them at all, and if so, if they are real?

http://topproperty-services.com/

Thanks, Chris
    Hi Chris
    If you are in Liverpool I suggest you visit the university's department which helps students to find private rented accommodation, they are called Liverpool Student Homes (LSH) and are on campus behind the Metropolitan Cathedral on Mount Pleasant. You could check with them to see if this agent is registered with them.

They will also check your contract for you before you sign it. It doesn't matter which uni you go to either, the service is free for all students.

Lorna

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Topproperty are definitely genuine. I'm one of the owners (hopefully I've not breached forum equittete by joining this group!).

Topproperty have been established since 2006. Our base is on Picton Road, Wavertree - we've been there for about 4 years. We manage over 100 student houses for landlords.

All our student proerties are registered with Liverpool Student Homes as well.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask - we have a great team who are always on hand to ask any questions. We've also got a live chat on our website that comes straight to me if you have any general enquiries.

Good luck with your new house!

Many thanks.

Simon Topple

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I used this company last year and while they are a genuine property they are ridiculously unprofessional and unhelpful and I would recommend you avoid them at all costs.

They rarely answer the phone when you try to contact them and they ignore most emails you send them regarding anything to do with your house. We moved out of the house in May and are still trying to get a response about getting our deposit back, ive sent loads of emails all of which have been ignored and on the phone no one seems to have a clue whats going on

DO NOT USE THIS LETTING AGENCY.

ReputationRep:
    Hi ellehcoreima,

I'd like to follow up to your post regarding your deposit return and your experience with Topproperty, if I can (and if not breaching forum rules by doing so).

As the owner of Topproperty Services I am dissapointed you did not raise these issues directly with Topproperty or its management.

We endeavor to answer all incoming phone calls, however at peak times this may not be possible. For example, we have three incoming phone lines, and at times we may have two or three groups in the office and may be making outgoing calls. Our peak times are between June and October, and we are incredibly busy dealing with upwards of 500 parties to deposit returns as well as the normal day to day operations of the agency. We have however recently implemented new management software that may explain if you have not had a response to emails. Steps have been taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Please be assured that we are commited to providing the very best service we can - if we fall short we like to know about it so we fix the issues. If you do have an issue with getting your deposit returned please contact me direct - my email is [email protected]. I am fully available to answer any enquiries regarding deposits or tenancies.

Simon Topple
    Managing partner, Topproperty Services.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.