Top-Property Genuine? Liverpool

Watch this thread
joneschri
Badges: 1
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I am looking at renting a house, we have picked it, and given a deposit. But before we sign anything, we want to make sure they are a genuine company, not just going to rip us off. They are a liverpool based company, called Top Property Services.

I am just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them at all, and if so, if they are real?

http://topproperty-services.com/

Thanks, Chris
LornaH
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joneschri)
I am looking at renting a house, we have picked it, and given a deposit. But before we sign anything, we want to make sure they are a genuine company, not just going to rip us off. They are a liverpool based company, called Top Property Services.

I am just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them at all, and if so, if they are real?

Thanks, Chris
Hi Chris
If you are in Liverpool I suggest you visit the university's department which helps students to find private rented accommodation, they are called Liverpool Student Homes (LSH) and are on campus behind the Metropolitan Cathedral on Mount Pleasant. You could check with them to see if this agent is registered with them.

They will also check your contract for you before you sign it. It doesn't matter which uni you go to either, the service is free for all students.

Lorna
Simon Topple
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hi there,

Topproperty are definitely genuine. I'm one of the owners (hopefully I've not breached forum equittete by joining this group!).

Topproperty have been established since 2006. Our base is on Picton Road, Wavertree - we've been there for about 4 years. We manage over 100 student houses for landlords.

All our student proerties are registered with Liverpool Student Homes as well.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask - we have a great team who are always on hand to ask any questions. We've also got a live chat on our website that comes straight to me if you have any general enquiries.

Good luck with your new house!

Many thanks.

Simon Topple
ellehcoreima
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi,

I used this company last year and while they are a genuine property they are ridiculously unprofessional and unhelpful and I would recommend you avoid them at all costs.

They rarely answer the phone when you try to contact them and they ignore most emails you send them regarding anything to do with your house. We moved out of the house in May and are still trying to get a response about getting our deposit back, ive sent loads of emails all of which have been ignored and on the phone no one seems to have a clue whats going on

DO NOT USE THIS LETTING AGENCY.
Simon Topple
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi ellehcoreima,

I'd like to follow up to your post regarding your deposit return and your experience with Topproperty, if I can (and if not breaching forum rules by doing so).

As the owner of Topproperty Services I am dissapointed you did not raise these issues directly with Topproperty or its management.

We endeavor to answer all incoming phone calls, however at peak times this may not be possible. For example, we have three incoming phone lines, and at times we may have two or three groups in the office and may be making outgoing calls. Our peak times are between June and October, and we are incredibly busy dealing with upwards of 500 parties to deposit returns as well as the normal day to day operations of the agency. We have however recently implemented new management software that may explain if you have not had a response to emails. Steps have been taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Please be assured that we are commited to providing the very best service we can - if we fall short we like to know about it so we fix the issues. If you do have an issue with getting your deposit returned please contact me direct - my email is [email protected]. I am fully available to answer any enquiries regarding deposits or tenancies.

Simon Topple
Managing partner, Topproperty Services.
Peppe Jones
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Topproperty?..Should he called Bottomproperty. Avoid this property service. They are awful. As a parent of a student who has used this company I would strongly advice avoiding using Topproperty. My son lived in one of these properties for one year. On arrival the property was dirty, dusty and not clean. The kitchen units and shelves were ‘sticky’ with grease as they hadn’t been cleaned properly. Several things in the house needed attention and were broken. If you want to report any issues you have to do so through a website and log every issue which is frustrating. When we phoned up to actually speak to a member of staff they just refer you to use the website to log the job that you need doing. They were extremely unhelpful and unprofessional . When my son left the property we left the property in a cleaner state than when he arrived but a portion of the deposit was still withheld. Please avoid this company! They are a nightmare to deal with. Save yourself a lot of bother and stress and avoid these cowboys.
Jackdevoful
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
To be honest, I have heard a lot of bad stories about Liverpool landlords. Going in to second year now and have friends moving in to third that have basically all had a terrible experience with Landlords - extremely nice until you sign the dotted line, then its game over.

If it is your first year of University, I would highly recommend going to either University accommodation or private - only AFTER seeing the exact room you are going to buy. I had a terrible experience getting out of a misadvertised private accommodation provider (even though it was University approved and had good reviews).

If its in your price range, maybe consider Urban Sleep? They have really new, modern buildings quite close to the University, and their staff are extremely kind - yes, even after signing the dotted line. Had two issues, a cold shower that was fixed after raising the issue, and a loss of water for half a day when some boiler broke or something, that was it (no other minor issues, pretty good in my opinion). Won't link it, don't want to earn any money just an honest review.

If you're dead set on getting a house, make sure the landlord has good reviews online and is well known, don't go to one with a website that looks like its made by a 9 year old AKA the one you listed here. (No disrespect to Landlord)
Impetro
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
We have had the same problem with Topproperty services. The house was dirty when the students moved in, they complained but to no avail. They encountered numerous problems with the house during the tenancy; pests, no heating, unsafe electrics….
And now, Topproperty services have sent an email (6 weeks after the tenancy ended) stating numerous deductions are being taken out of the deposit.
This property was left cleaner than when the students entered.
Phone calls go unanswered.
As a parent who stood as guarantor I am appalled how companies like this treat students, I will be fighting this and can offer students who are considering private rentals advise on how to document and record problems they may have.

Topproperty services’ website clearly states:
We are registered with TPO - The Property Ombudsman. This is a code of conduct that we have to follow. Thus gives you redress in cases where you feel you have to raise a complaint.

We are also registered with Liverpool Student Homes as well as corporate members of the Residential Landlords Association.

We treat our role as managing agents very seriously and continuously progress our staff with Continual Professional Development training and the owner of Topproperty Servides is a member of Liverpool Councils Landlord Advisiory Panel, helping Liverpool Council in raising the standards in private rented accommodation.
sgzkohch
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I don't normally complain on forums like this but I really felt the need warn other students not to use topproperty based off of my experience with them. Bottom line is that you should not use this agent under any circumstances, however dire they may be.

- Their website is outdated and features properties that are not available or have been already rented out

- Viewings are impossible to make. 3 times I booked a viewing for a house and nobody turned up. I tried calling after I was stood up the 3rd time and was on the phone for half an hour but couldn't get through (This was around 3pm on a Wednesday in early April). I tried calling the next day at 12 noon and was on there about 15 minutes until I gave up. I then tried emailing them but I got no reply (until now 2 months later I still haven't got a reply). The following week I booked a viewing for a different property on the topproperty website. This time the process went smoothly and I was able to get a viewing. During the viewing I took the opportunity to ask the landlord about the previous property that I had failed to get a viewing for. The landlord just told me that they didn't have the keys at the time and that I should book the viewing again because they have it now. Well to keep things short I booked it again and as expected, nobody turned up. I feel like they should have at least told me they cancelled the viewings and not wasted their client's time. It just gave me the impression that the company doesn't really care about their clients. The other reviews I have seen on google maps and the student room have definitely consolidated this. Looking at other people's experiences I'm glad I didn't rent a house with this company.

In summary, from my limited interaction with this company I could tell that communication with clients was not one of their strong points. This is why I decided not to go any further with this agent (despite being very desperate for accommodation) and why I am warning others not to go with them as well.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
yikes, it don't be looking good for top-properties
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by joneschri)

Thanks, Chris
Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're looking to rent a house and that you've picked the location

I would definitely get into contact with LSH as the others have been saying, just to get their backing and knowing of your rights in case something (hopefully not!) goes arears. I also live in a rented property and absolutely love it, but we are with Luxury Student Homes - not Top Property Services.

As well, if you're not too far, have a look if they've got an office and go and visit to enquire. Sometimes it's better dealing with people face to face as opposed to sending e-mails; it's just better communication really and ensures all parties understand everything!

Good luck!
Ana - UoL Ambassador.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads