Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My book first describes atheroma, thrombosis, aneurysms and myocardial infarction. Then is describes which factors increase the chance of coronary heart disease.

Are atheroma, thrombosis, aneurysms and heart attacks all included in coronary heart disease or is it a seperate disease altogether. Ive looked on the internet but its making me more confused

any help will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme456)
    My book first describes atheroma, thrombosis, aneurysms and myocardial infarction. Then is describes which factors increase the chance of coronary heart disease.

Are atheroma, thrombosis, aneurysms and heart attacks all included in coronary heart disease or is it a seperate disease altogether. Ive looked on the internet but its making me more confused

im not sure about aneurysms, but the rest are certainly linked to CHD

i.e an atheroma in your coronary artery can lead to angina/heart attack

factors which increase the chance of CHD include:
    -smoking
    -obesity
    -high blood pressure

hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePremierLeague)
    im not sure about aneurysms, but the rest are certainly linked to CHD

i.e an atheroma in your coronary artery can lead to angina/heart attack

factors which increase the chance of CHD include:
    -smoking
    -obesity
    -high blood pressure

hope that helped
    thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme456)

CHD is just a blanket term for diseases to do with the coronary arteries of the heart, don't forget anginas!

Hope I could help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.