Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Before we went to university, I had the better social life and my boyfriend hardly went out. Now, it has switched. My boyfriend goes out 2-3 times a week at university and I had to drop out of university. I hated my course, and felt very isolated and overwhelmed, and became severely depressed. I feel really lonely most of the time, although I hope it will get better next year at another university.

My boyfriend is due to finish his exams soon, and he plans on going out every night for the next two weeks. He really deserves these two weeks, because on top of his coursework, he has had to deal with me. I relapsed after coming off anti-depressants and tried to really hurt myself. I became very clingy and psycho. I feel really annoyed and jealous when he tells me he is going out, and I'm not sure why. He texts me occasionally, and phones when he gets home. He doesn't get extremely drunk as he did something stupid last time he did. (It wasn't physical cheating but it involved his ex-girlfriend. It was over a year ago).

So, I want to have the normal amount of girlfriend jealousy and worry. I need someone to tell me how to stop being weird. All my friends are at uni and have exams now, so I can't go out with them. I need to stop thinking and feeling this way, but it isn't fair on him! What do I do?

Also, I don't want 'Stop being a b****' etc I want help.

I use to get a bit worked up when my boyfriend went out becauase in my past relationship I was badly cheated on and the guy use to get with girls whenever he went clubbing, so I sort of panicked with my new boyfriend that he would do the same. I realised that it was getting on his nerves he is so patient towards me he would put up with me being a bit moody or saying that I clearly thought he put his clubbing above me, i was being irrational and unfair. So we had a chat about it I explained my fears and why I have those fears and once we had that chat wierdly enough I jusst stopped worrying I realised I could trust him/ that he needed to see his friends etc etc. We do have a little bit of a soppy system that when either of us goes out when we get home that night we usually just send a little cute text saying we love each other or miss each other tell the other a bit about the night so when the other wakes up in the morning they have a nice text to get up to.

Yes its cheesy/ soppy etc etc but its helped me stop worrying so much so why dont you do the same why dont you ask him if when he gets in he could give yo a text?

ReputationRep:
    he goes out without you?Are you a grenade?Then you should worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tigers)
    he goes out without you?Are you a grenade?Then you should worry
    Actually it's quite healthy for 2 people to have their own lives outside of their girlfriend/boyfriend. Just not all the time though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starfisher)
    Actually it's quite healthy for 2 people to have their own lives outside of their girlfriend/boyfriend. Just not all the time though.
    just tell Aniston

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.