Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm looking for a good pair of In Ear Headphones for under £20 and I was wondering you guys' opinions.

I've had Xtreme Xplosives before (twice) but I'm giving up on them because they keep breaking every two seconds!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Vsonic VC02 if you can find them, there's usually an eBay seller floating around stocking them for around the £20 mark. Otherwise I would go for the Monoprice 8320 and a set of Comply T400 tips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Vsonic VC02 if you can find them, there's usually an eBay seller floating around stocking them for around the £20 mark. Otherwise I would go for the Monoprice 8320 and a set of Comply T400 tips.
    I had the Monoprice ones but they broke after less than two months and the sound isolation was god awful!

I was looking at these which seem to have good reviews Creative EP-630 and these Sony MDREX210

The only I'm worried about though is if I buy on Amazon will they be covered by any sort of warranty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmpr97)
    I had the Monoprice ones but they broke after less than two months and the sound isolation was god awful!
    Agreed, until I put the right size tips in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmpr97)

I was looking at these which seem to have good reviews Creative EP-630 and these Sony MDREX210

The only I'm worried about though is if I buy on Amazon will they be covered by any sort of warranty?
    What mikey said, once you get a good set of tips they outclass everything else for under £40 as an overall package. That's why I recommended buying them alongside Comply tips. Foam tips expand in the ear to create a complete seal, offering maximum isolation and in turn improving bass response. Otherwise my suggestion would be another VSonic pair, the GR99, which can currently be nabbed on eBay for about £18.

ReputationRep:
    Senheizer on amazon by far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    What mikey said, once you get a good set of tips they outclass everything else for under £40 as an overall package. That's why I recommended buying them alongside Comply tips. Foam tips expand in the ear to create a complete seal, offering maximum isolation and in turn improving bass response. Otherwise my suggestion would be another VSonic pair, the GR99, which can currently be nabbed on eBay for about £18.
    I guess so however the thing is they failed on me in two months (hence I'm hesitant about getting them again) and the thing with the tips is I have a tendency to lose them and I don't really want to be shelling out £15 each time that happens.

ReputationRep:
    Koss pathfinder. Good noizeisolation (like earplugs). OR Sennheiser CX300.

(if you frequently wrip headphones maybe you should consider something more durable cans? Senheiser hd280pro is not that pricy)

ReputationRep:
    What about Creative EP-830 In-ear Headphones?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.