Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling to write essays in Spanish. I'm even struggling to write them with unlimited time, never mind the 40 minutes or so I'll have in the actual exam.

Completely lost as to where to go with it, I know what the mark schemes says, it's 20 marks for content and the rest follows after that, but I can't find any examples of a good essay, nor can I think of many good points for the past paper essay questions.

ReputationRep:
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-E-U1-0803.PDF
    first essay got 35/35

Try this structure for your essay

intro
    3 points
    conclusion

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at the mark schemes for the past papers as they have a list of relevant points which I personally, find really useful

ReputationRep:
    Also try making a plan before you start, I may take an extra 5 minuets but it will help keep you on track.

ReputationRep:
    If this is for Unit 1 (AS), the presentation attached may give some guidance.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pptx AQA Unit 1 writing question.pptx (956.3 KB, 347 views)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the Jan 13 paper mark scheme? Really need it! Would be so grateful if anyone dod

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told us a structure that works well when writing Spanish essays. If you remember this structure and practice some timed essays before the exam, then you should be fine.

1) Start with your introduction... talk about what the question is asking, and how you are going to answer it. You could invite the reader in by adding rhetorical questions or linking directly to society nowadays. It's a good point in the essay to explain the situation we are living in at the moment. There should also be a punchy opening statement to grab the reader's attention.

2) Next, the main body of the essay. Could possibly be around 4-6 paragraphs. For each paragraph (you may want to do a few paragraphs in favour of the statement, and a few paragraphs against the statement) you should state a relevant point, evidence for this point, your own personal reaction (e.g. 'me preocupa el hecho que...' or 'es una lastima que...' etc.) and finally evaluate your point and link it back to the question.

3) Finally, your conclusion. This should summarise your points, without adding any new ones. You should include: how you have answered the question, your overall opinion on the matter, and a punchy ending! Apparently, using rhetorical questions and these statements relating to our society can get you lots of marks.

Remember; you get marked on your content, vocabulary, structure and accuracy. Try to include a range of vocabulary, and make sure you practice grammar to sustain your accuracy throughout the essay.

Try not to get too worried about the exam. At the end of the day, you are trying your best with a new language and that has skill in itself. I'm sure you will do great! Is your exam 23rd May? Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.