Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering how everyone found the papers - the reading and the listening!

ReputationRep:
    Reading was gooood listening was awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same, guessed nearly all the listening questions but i think i only dropped 1 mark on the reading on the question about why shops stay open in Canada all year

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be??
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Didn't read this was about AQA, ignore this)

ReputationRep:
    i thought it would be between 25-33 for an a* in listening, as previous exams which weren't as hard had 26 for a*

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be 32 for the reading

ReputationRep:
    out of 45??

ReputationRep:
    I thought the papers were out of 40?

ReputationRep:
    The listening is out of 40 and the reading is out of 45
    The listening was probably the hardest paper I have ever done and the reading was probably the easiest. I just hope I haven't made silly mistakes in the reading and hope the grade boudaries are really low for listening otherwise I'm doomed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i thought the listening was very hard - especially the one about being embarassed at work! Just to check, having a panic, the last question on the reading was about animals in the wild and national parks etc. ???!

The reading was okay though!

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the embarrassment question for the listening?

ReputationRep:
    one woman said goodbye mr to a woman with short hair and got in trouble with her boss?

another dropped a bottle of coke out of her pocket and it went everywhere - she ahd to spend ages cleaning it up??

can't remember any more

ReputationRep:
    how many questions were there on the embarrassment section?

ReputationRep:
    there were 8 questions in the embarrassment section, barely understood any of that part though. I'm glad other people found it hard too! made an estimation that I got 28/40. The reading was really easy, it went from one extreme to the other!! all i can do now is wait for final results

ReputationRep:
    so how many marks were on offer for the embarrassment section?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My French teacher said the listening was the hardest he'd seen for 20 years, so don't worry. All the other teachers and students at my school thought it was horrible. Reading was pretty easy.

Grade boundaries: perhaps 24/40 for A* on the listening, maybe 32/45 for A* on the reading. It always amazes me how low grade boundaries are (but I'm not complaining!).

I got at least 118/120 overall on the controlled assessments, so what grade will I need in the exams to get an A*? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbeckmannadams)
    My French teacher said the listening was the hardest he'd seen for 20 years, so don't worry. All the other teachers and students at my school thought it was horrible. Reading was pretty easy.

Grade boundaries: perhaps 24/40 for A* on the listening, maybe 32/45 for A* on the reading. It always amazes me how low grade boundaries are (but I'm not complaining!).

I got at least 118/120 overall on the controlled assessments, so what grade will I need in the exams to get an A*? Thanks in advance.

Well the UMS is out of 300. So according to the UMS converter your 118/120 raw marks is about 176/180 UMS.
    Therefore you need you need 270-176 Ums to get an A* = 94 UMS.
    The exams are a total out of 120 UMS (60 UMS for the reading, 60 for listening)
    47 UMS average for each one. ~Therefore you need, just 1 UMS mark (probably one raw mark) under an A grade in listening and reading to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    If I got 111/120 in the CAs what would I need in order to get an A*?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.