This discussion is closed.
Computergeek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
what is the chance of getting a C if i mucked up unit2 but i felt ok with unit 1 and 3?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
On what board???
Computergeek
Rep:
?
AQA
Memento
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[aqa]
Well, CPT2 is worth 35% of the marks, so let's assume you get a grade E, on the grade boundry of U-E. To improve your mean grade to C, its going to have to get around a B on the C-B boundry for the other two, to get the C.
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Originally posted by Memento
[aqa]
Well, CPT2 is worth 35% of the marks, so let's assume you get a grade E, on the grade boundry of U-E. To improve your mean grade to C, its going to have to get around a B on the C-B boundry for the other two, to get the C.
what do u mean exactly by e-u boundry

thanks
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Say grade E was 32 marks, and D was 36, i mean you got 38, just getting the E. (lower end E)
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you check your exam results for the CPT1 result and estimate what you got for your CPT3, you can work out what you would have needed on this test, in marks, and the grade boundaries withstanding, the grade.
Computergeek
Rep:
?
how much is unit 1 and 3 worth
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both CPT1&2 worth 35% marked out of 65, CPT3 being 30%, also marked out of 65, with a mark being less than on the other two units obviously.
Computergeek
Rep:
?
if u did considerably well in unit 1 + 3 will u still get a C
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah don't worry about it until you get your grade, you can always resit the module if you don't manage to get what you wanted, but you still might.
Computergeek
Rep:
?
cheers, it sounds like a pitterful excuse but we were really badly taught
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Doesn't sound pitiful to me at least, i have two teachers, both of which are dreadful.

Our first spends his time talking about making games, which isn't helpful in the slightest. And the second one discusses what we should be doing if i was to take business studies, spending all lesson discussing the profits etc. of companies, that and his endless Microsoft talk.. arrghhh

I’m a student, get me out of here!

My physics teachers are CRAP! One doesn't KNOW the stuff and the second doesn't teach it, we all got U and get a free resit because the teacher taught so badly.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
The important thing is that you guys had teachers !!!

My lecturor decided to take a break for (and I quote) "Medical Health Reasons". We had a History teacher attempting to teach us Computing for all but 3 weeks of the year. I sat the OCR exam today and was told by my computing teacher who I haven't seen for christ knows how long to "Do my best but don't worry, there's always the resit". To me that is pathetic, if I wanted to concentrate on the resit then I would have waited till January and just done one exam.

Oohh well, thats enough of a rant for one day (Just hope I do improve my grade in the Jan resits cuz I hated the papers today).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You can't technically improve your AS grade unfortunately, only your end A2 grade. For example if you get an E in AS Computing, that is how it's displayed on UCAS, even though you may have an 'A' markwise in a resit you cannot actually inherit a grade. But it's always nice to see your AS result of an 'E' jump to an 'A' at A2
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Originally posted by Leekey
The important thing is that you guys had teachers !!!

My lecturor decided to take a break for (and I quote) "Medical Health Reasons". We had a History teacher attempting to teach us Computing for all but 3 weeks of the year. I sat the OCR exam today and was told by my computing teacher who I haven't seen for christ knows how long to "Do my best but don't worry, there's always the resit". To me that is pathetic, if I wanted to concentrate on the resit then I would have waited till January and just done one exam.

Oohh well, thats enough of a rant for one day (Just hope I do improve my grade in the Jan resits cuz I hated the papers today).
Lol i no how u feel
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
So if I resit, then I would put my first grade on my UCAS form but at then end of the two years I would be awarded an A-level which was composed of my best AS and A2 grades???
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes from August the 12 or whatever it is the AS grades you get WILL NOT CHANGE, the combined A level grade will be made up of whatever resists u do next year though
Computergeek
Rep:
?
my standards were quite high in terms of grades for AS but now i think that a C grade would be amazing after taking computing
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (263)
34.02%
No (510)
65.98%

Watched Threads