Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You have the cerebrum which is the largest and the top part of the brain. This is divided into two cerebral hemispheres. It has several lobes including:
    • Parietal lobe
    • Occipital lobe
    • Temporal lobe
    • Cerebellum

These all have different functions; the parietal lobe is used for movement, calculation and memory

The occipital lobe is for processing information from the eyes; vision, colour, and shape recognition.

The temporal lobe is cocerned with processing auditory information e.g. hearing, sound recognition, and speech.

There are also different parts of the brain you need to know:

1. Corpus Callosum which is a band of white matter joining the two cerebral hemispheres
    2. Basal ganglia located just below the corpus callosum
    3. Cerebellum - important for balancing and coordinating muscle movements.
    4. Medulla oblongata - controls body processes e.g. heart rate, breathing and blood pressure.
    5. The hypothalamus which controls thermoregulation.

Please give me any more information I need as this is just from my notes

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    NB. The hypothalamus controls other things too.

Medulla also important in vomiting.

Basal ganglia are important for smooth, controlled movement. Changes here affect these actions (such as in Parkinson's)

You seem to have done your reading, I don't know what you would need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.