Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Brazil (Rio) in 3 months time and haven't a clue what to do about shots and vaccinations. Who do I speak to? Where do I get them from? How many do I actually need? How much is it going to cost me?

Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klipsan)
    I'm going to Brazil (Rio) in 3 months time and haven't a clue what to do about shots and vaccinations. Who do I speak to? Where do I get them from? How many do I actually need? How much is it going to cost me?

Help!
    Make an appointment to see the nurse in your local GP's office
    They will have all of this information for you
    They should be free on the NHS

ReputationRep:
    There's info here: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Travel-...roduction.aspx and here: http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/desti...ca/brazil.aspx

You want to check your UK vaccinations are up to date first of all (including tetanus), and then hepatitis A vaccination and rabies are the ones generally recommended. Depending on where you're going, you might want to get a yellow fever vaccination (see the NHS fit for travel website, there's a map of yellow fever areas).

Your UK ones will be free and Hep A should be, but you might have to pay for rabies. Yellow fever, if you think you need it, can only be given at certain places (there's a link to yellow fever vaccination centers on the nhs travel immunisation page).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.