ReputationRep:
    Hi, if im put on a disciplinary at college because of my attendance will this effect me being able to go onto my A2 year? also do universities get to see this? its just that my college hasn't give us study lave so iv been skipping lessons (where there's distractions and we just sit doing past papers) to sit in the 'quiet room' in the library to revise in the way that suits me. my grades have gone up loads from doing this but iv been told that if i carry on i will be put on a disciplinary. stupid college.

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably let you go on to second year as long as it doesn't esculate further. Depends on your college though. Your tutor or whoever may also mention it in your reference, which may hold implications for applying to uni.

Can you not speak to your teachers and ask for permission to work elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnome :))
    They'll probably let you go on to second year as long as it doesn't esculate further. Depends on your college though. Your tutor or whoever may also mention it in your reference, which may hold implications for applying to uni.

Can you not speak to your teachers and ask for permission to work elsewhere?
    Iv asked but theyr like lala college rules lalaa, its like seriously dude. Whos going to just sit and revise while your have all your mates around you talking/ being roudy ectect. Its not going to happen. Anyway, thankyou. Ill have to consider uni then :/

ReputationRep:
    Explain your situation and motives well to your tutor. Make sure your teacher knows you're struggling to revise in those lessons. I wouldn't keep going on with doing it though unless you get some sort of permission - you don't want to get excluded mid-way through A-levels.

Your university won't find out anything unless your teacher decides to specifically mention something on your personal statement. Your school isn't going to deliberately sabotage your chances of getting in to uni though, so I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.