Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

really depressed and..lost? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I had high hopes of being an Engineer..

but that dream has just been crushed before my eyes..

I absolutely bombed my M1 exam.. I just blanked out completely

I now feel that I will not be able to do engineering .. it feels like my life dream is now...over?

I achieved an A in physics in January and still have 2 more maths exams (pure) and a Physics exam...

Unless I get 90ums plus in both maths exams I probably wont get above a D as I bombed M1 so badly..

I am so depressed about this and have not revised for my other exams since monday as I see no point.... I do 3 sciences and Maths and have truly messed up

Any help/courage/guidance? .. And please don't suggest going down another route... nothing else remotely appeals to me..

thanks..

ReputationRep:
    "Dont let an exam result decide the fate of your life....."

ReputationRep:
    "dont cry to give up, cry to keep on going"....

just try your best....and keep working...keep your options open.....

just work hard and dont lose faith....If you dont work now and fail, then you will feel more bad about yourself....

but if you worked hard, and still did not get the results u hoped....then atleast you know u tried....

Engineers work hard, and thats the quality which will get you there

ReputationRep:
    Like the person above said ^

Don't let this one exam ruin it for you, work hard on your others and who knows, you might get 90 ums? Even if it doesn't work out there's still other routes into engineering. There are people who do foundation courses then go on to do an engineering degree after and end up in amazing jobs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    "Dont let an exam result decide the fate of your life....."
    Depends on what course though. Some exam results do decide your fate! :eek:

First of all don't panic. If you do, you'll blank out even more. You still have some more exams left, and if you ace them your life will be back on track again.

(Original post by upthegunners)

I am so depressed about this and have not revised for my other exams since monday as I see no point.... I do 3 sciences and Maths and have truly messed up

thanks..
    Why not? If you don't revise now, then you will definitely fail. If I were you, I'd clutch at whatever straw I could and make the most of everything.

*Also hasn't revised yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PreppyNinja)
    Depends on what course though. Some exam results do decide your fate! :eek:

First of all don't panic. If you do, you'll blank out even more. You still have some more exams left, and if you ace them your life will be back on track again.

Why not? If you don't revise now, then you will definitely fail. If I were you, I'd clutch at whatever straw I could and make the most of everything.

*Also hasn't revised yet.
    you have not started revising yet?

ReputationRep:
    Last year in my results I did shameful after beliving I had worked my ass off!

all I can say is dont worry! I had got myself DC in my results after dropping maths and DT (not by my choice, the school was underperforming and my parents made me drop them to focus on the other two, which turned out well :L)

any way, this year i have worked my ass off, getting some quality work experiance and ive re done my A level maths in an intensive course which im predicted an A in.

Even with my poor grades i was able to get myself an unconditional to study mechanical engineering through the effort that ive put in and the drive!

If you really want to become an engineer but dont get the grades this time around its not the end of the world! either take the year out, get some solid work experiance with a well known company and pick up an evening a level course or just resit the exams!

Just dont give up on the fact you want to become an engineer! show universitys and employeers you will work you ass off to get that place and you will get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    you have not started revising yet?
    Nope, but I will now

ReputationRep:
    Engineers don't use maths much anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AeneasBK)
    Engineers don't use maths much anyway
    im fine at maths,, just cannot take exams for ****.

ReputationRep:
    Retake

ReputationRep:
    Try your best with the exam and try your best

ReputationRep:
    ah don't worry - when you retake your exams second time round they're so much easier! (I would know I'm doing 5 maths retakes hahaha)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.