Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I'm in a bit of a unique situation. At the moment, I'm home-educated, and have been since I was six years old. I have six GCSEs (3 As, 1 B, 2 Cs) and am taking three more this year, all of which I'm hopeful for a grade A or higher. I've also been doing a degree with the Open University and will have finished the first year of that in September.

However, my two brothers are off to University next year and as that means I'd be studying at home with just my parents for company, I was considering sixth form.

In my area, there aren't many sixth forms. They're either private - and very expensive - or generally not that good, or too far away. The main reason I want to do sixth form is for the social interaction, but I want to get at least as good grades as I could get at home. The one sixth form that fit all my criteria (close enough, reasonably good location/grades, I know some people there already) can't take me because I'm a year too young and so their funding doesn't apply. This is pretty much the only college that I'd like to go to, so I'm gutted. (This funding thing also applies to every sixth form that isn't part of a school.)

Does anyone know a way around this? Or do you know of someone who went through the same problem?

Any advice or help would be appreciated! Thanks.

(I'd be looking at starting this September, which is also awkward because most sixth form interviews have already taken place.)

ReputationRep:
    It depends how old you are if your under 16 on the first of september your unlikely to get into sixth form any where as Local Authority dont like having people out of year groups. If your older than this it should be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.