Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am a mature student that is studying for a HNC hoping to go to uni in September I am 100% sure I have failed my graded unit which means no HNC but I will have all the units bar one.

Does anyone know what would happen? I am sitting here panicking about this.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you had your results yet? I did my graded unit today and I think I'm on the same boat. Although I do have a resit in June if I failed.

I e-mailed the SQA asking them the same question you've asked on here, this is their answer:

"Please be advised that if you fail your Graded unit you will receive a
    certificate with the units that you have successfully passed.

Once you have passed the graded unit you will be certificated for the whole
    group award."

I e-mailed them and asked them how I'd be able to sit the exam again independently after college is done and they said this:

"

Please be advised that in order for you to complete your graded unit you
    will have to be registered and presented by an SQA approved centre

The SQA has no input to the way in which centres (schools/colleges/training
    providers) present qualifications, therefore please contact the centre in
    which you wish to study to discuss the options available."

I'm still none the wiser about that, do you think there are training centres etc providing the exam?

Ps. -ppdate the thread with your results and let me know how you did. Also which subject is it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.