Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am going to be starting the 3rd year of my degree this September and I am now over 25. Till now my parents income has been used, meaning I have been given the minimum loan. I was led to believe that when I became 25, my own income would be used, which would qualify me for a maintenance grant, but I can't seem to apply for this on my student finance login area. Could you let me know if I can apply for this, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Kathryn
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Karyn,

As long as you turn 25 before 1 September 2013 the we can assess you as an independent student.

When you make your application you can indicate that you will be independent if this is the case.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    I have been onto my account on student finance england to try and change to being assessed independently on my own income but I can't seem to find where to do it. Could you tell me exactly what I should do in order to change this?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Kathryn,

If you've already submitted your application you can't change this online unfortunately but you can amend the info by completing this form:http://bit.ly/XC14r5

Thanks,
    Mark

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.