Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick one, may sound like a silly question but in the popular hotspots in Northampton such as clubs, how do you go about getting in, do you just show the door staff your ID for them to see or do they scan it through a computer database on a screen which is proving to be a common issue, especially down here in the south east, as it means you have to bring your passport and can obviously be costly to replace, thanks I'd be thankful if any current or existing students could let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Im studying at Northampton in september!
    Northampton has an alright nightlife- You just need some kind of photo ID with you, but from Uni we will get student card thingys that show we are 18+ anyway so you shouldnt have to take out your passport...Are you staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    Ah alright cheers, and I am indeed I've got into the Simon Senslis (typo'd?) halls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha-thersa)
    Hey! Im studying at Northampton in september!
    Northampton has an alright nightlife- You just need some kind of photo ID with you, but from Uni we will get student card thingys that show we are 18+ anyway so you shouldnt have to take out your passport...Are you staying in halls?
    Don't rely on your student ID card as ID for going out take a driving license or passport etc its not generally accepted in my first year 3 years ago one of my flatmates had forgotten her ID at home on the day we moved in and she wasn't even allowed in the SU using her student card!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.