The Student Room Group

choosing between durham and southampton

last week i chose southampton as my insurance, and declined durham (for computer science), however im regretting it (i think), and im not sure if id regret it if i chose durham.

has anyone faced a similar choice, not for CS, and even not for durham/southampton?

i get the feeling at durham there is less emphasis on research/cutting edge stuff, than southampton, and so theres no more focus on having a career in durham?

(imperial is my firm, and there are 7 days to change your mind after replying to choices, which ends today)

also is it possible to ask UCAS to have two insurances? like they will ask the unis if they can or something?
Original post by jon889

also is it possible to ask UCAS to have two insurances? like they will ask the unis if they can or something?

Not a chance in hell.

No idea about the rest of your dilemma, I'm afraid.
Reply 2
You can change your reply within 7 days of making your decision by contacting UCAS. So you could switch your insurance choice.

You can't have two insurance choices though.
If you get into Imperial, it doesnt matter what your Insurance is does it? So, this is only an issue if that doesnt happen.

If you feel then (ie. August, having missed Imperial) that you have the 'wrong' Insurance and you dont want to go there in October, then you can cancel your application for this year and reapply with a clearer idea of where you really do want to go in the next cycle - and with known A level grades.

Remember you DONT have to go this year - all the Unis will still be there in a year's time. Some time out from all the stress of A levels etc can usually be really helpful in making the right choice.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending