The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 ICT IT3 exam June 11 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Out of curiosity what UMS is needed for A*? I want an A.
Original post by iggyDash
Very nice exam! What did everyone put for the tables in secton B

I put patient and and consultant as tables

I put those too. Which did you have Foreign or CPKs in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dubes
Out of curiosity what UMS is needed for A*? I want an A.

108/120 would give you 90% so you'd need 90% in cw too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by badbodydouble
I thought it was alright except the MIS question with it being a 10 marker, I'm guessing 2 marks for the definition but I could only come up with 7 points for a good MIS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was good and poor MIS so if you did 7 in total that should be okay. Think I had 8 points in total and hoping definition will get 2 marks also.
Original post by Dubes
It was good and poor MIS so if you did 7 in total that should be okay. Think I had 8 points in total and hoping definition will get 2 marks also.

It said good "or" poor though :frown: so I only wrote about good. Oh no :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
It said good "or" poor though :frown: so I only wrote about good. Oh no :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understood that as being both as if they only wanted one they should have put them in separate questions. And looking at the mark schemes in the past for detailed answers there are only 5 for good and 4 for poor. Hope I'm right anyway but you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Dubes
I understood that as being both as if they only wanted one they should have put them in separate questions. And looking at the mark schemes in the past for detailed answers there are only 5 for good and 4 for poor. Hope I'm right anyway but you should be fine :smile:

Oh crud of course :frown: I just took it that they wanted one or the other. I think there's 5 for efficient but I didn't write any of those (but then some overlap into good anyway) so I wrote down all of the possible good ones (7).. I thought I might have gotten marks for explanations :frown: never mind. I suppose it's only 1 mark dropped if they're all valid, I can't afford to drop many marks at all though. :frown: having doubts now.. bugger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
I put those too. Which did you have Foreign or CPKs in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

first i said *=foreign key and ___=primary key

Then consultant(consultantid,*wardID*paitentid,forename,surname

(Patientid,*wardID,*CONSULTANTID,Forename surname
something similar to the above is what i put
Whats cpk and what did you put?
Reply 128

4 foreign keys? Hmm i just assumed there was only 2. 2 marks for both primary keys, 2 marks for 2 foreign keys and 2 marks for extra 2 fields in each table.

Are we even allowed to talk about this? >________>

It was out of 6 wasn't it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by Ruffiio
4 foreign keys? Hmm i just assumed there was only 2. 2 marks for both primary keys, 2 marks for 2 foreign keys and 2 marks for extra 2 fields in each table.

Yeah it was 6 and yeah i think your right. I Just put it just in case

I put Patient ID as a Primary Key in the Patient Table and then Ward ID and Consultant ID as CPKs (compound primary keys) in the Patient Table, and then in the Consultant Table I put Consultant ID as a Primary Key and then Ward ID as a Foreign Key. Probably wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruffiio

Which Foreign keys did you put for which tables? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Which Foreign keys did you put for which tables? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as you but i didn't put any foreign keys in the consultant table because i just assumed there were only 2 foreign keys due to it being 6 marks but who knows might of been more. :redface:
Reply 133
I put Patient ID as a Primary Key in the Patient Table and then Ward ID and Consultant ID as CPKs (compound primary keys) in the Patient Table, and then in the Consultant Table I put Consultant ID as a Primary Key and then Ward ID as a Foreign Key. Probably wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems correct to me. dId you also put additional feilds then thats full marks if you did.

what did you use to labell the primary key? i used # is it important? i did state #=foreign key at the beginning
Seems correct to me. dId you also put additional feilds then thats full marks if you did.

what did you use to labell the primary key? i used # is it important? i did state #=foreign key at the beginning

I did the overline and underline thing but I'm sure as you've done a key whoever marks it will understand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135

Yeah i put # as foreign key but it doesn't matter what symbol you used to identify it by because they didn't specify, i only used # because they did that in past papers.
Original post by Ruffiio
Same as you but i didn't put any foreign keys in the consultant table because i just assumed there were only 2 foreign keys due to it being 6 marks but who knows might of been more. :redface:

I remember seeing on mark schemes that this kind of question was normally worth more than 6 marks but I just thought that it should state the ward and the consultant that a patient is assigned in the patient table... I really don't know :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruffiio

Did you label the 2 in the Patient table as CPKs? Perhaps I should have just stuck to calling them Foreign Keys :frown: I wonder if I'll lose a mark for putting a FK in the Consultant table too if there isn't mean to be one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Did you label the 2 in the Patient table as CPKs? Perhaps I should have just stuck to calling them Foreign Keys :frown: I wonder if I'll lose a mark for putting a FK in the Consultant table too if there isn't mean to be one...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could of been wrong and you could have been right so don't feel bad. I labeled the 2 in patient table as foreign keys.

Says on Wikipedia though this means that any one, none, or all, of the multiple attributes within the compound key can be foreign keys. Indeed, a foreign key may itself be a compound key. Or are we talking about composite keys? now i'm confused.

so maybe they are just the same thing anyway? lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ruffiio
I could of been wrong and you could have been right so don't feel bad. I labeled the 2 in patient table as foreign keys.

Says on Wikipedia though this means that any one, none, or all, of the multiple attributes within the compound key can be foreign keys. Indeed, a foreign key may itself be a compound key.

so maybe they are just the same thing anyway? lol

I think more than one foreign key in a table makes a compound primary key but I'm doubting that the average joe who marks the papers will know that - I'm betting all my money it'll be on the mark schemes as "foreign keys" :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending