Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on some good universities which offer an undergraduate degree in Midwifery.

It would also be helpful if you could mention any universities that are maybe not so good for this course.

Any other related advice will be appreciated

Kind regards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    all uni's are pretty much to same for Midwifery as the course is the same wherever you go -you have to cover the same content/skills to be able to register with the nursing and midwifery counsel - obviously some uni's are generally more respected (red bricks/russell group etc) for example Kings College or Manchester University, but a midwifery degree is a midwifery degree at the end of the day!

if you go onto the UCAS website and search for midwifery courses, all the uni's which offer it will come up and you can go to their individual websites and check them out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staceylea)
    all uni's are pretty much to same for Midwifery as the course is the same wherever you go -you have to cover the same content/skills to be able to register with the nursing and midwifery counsel - obviously some uni's are generally more respected (red bricks/russell group etc) for example Kings College or Manchester University, but a midwifery degree is a midwifery degree at the end of the day!

if you go onto the UCAS website and search for midwifery courses, all the uni's which offer it will come up and you can go to their individual websites and check them out
    Thank you very much for your answer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no worries! are you going to be applying for 2014 entry?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree, all midwifery courses are closely scrutinised by the NMC so should all meet their high standards. I would be inclined to go for a uni with a suitable location, and attend a few open days to get a feel for the place - and choose from there. Good luck x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.