Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ive been assigned to collingwood, and when i visited i got that there was a huge emphasis on how good/much the sport is.

is it really that sport oriented? im not too keen when it comes to sport, ive been in the bottom group for sport my entire school life, and was not sad at all after GCSEs when there is no compulsory sport at a level. i looked on the collingwood website for societies and they seem to be pretty much all sport.

does the level of sport go down to "lets just kick a ball about society"?

ReputationRep:
    Yes sport is a big deal here but there is plenty else going on, I've never got involved in college sport but that hasn't been an issue. Our football teams go from A to J (or maybe even further now) so there are plenty of teams where participation is more important than performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quagers)
    Yes sport is a big deal here but there is plenty else going on, I've never got involved in college sport but that hasn't been an issue. Our football teams go from A to J (or maybe even further now) so there are plenty of teams where participation is more important than performance.
    so you are involved in some level of sport? and what sort of non sport societies are there?

ReputationRep:
    I do uni sport, which doesn't leave a lot of time college, but there are plenty of people here who don't do any or just do it to have a bit of fun, ultimate Frisbee is a favourite for that.

There are a lot of arts and music societies,
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/collingwood/un...involved/arts/

In addition as a lot of these societies are more niche in order to get enough members to make them viable they only run as uni wide rather than college level, a full list of those is here,
    http://www.dsu.org.uk/societies/

Finally if what your looking for doesn't exist anywhere, if you can find enough people who are interested you can start your own society.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.