The Student Room Group

Higher Biology Exam?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JackoGeddes
the bar went up in hours did it not? so the points went up in 0.1 hours.

0.2 hours, 0.1 hours, 0.2 hours, 1 hour was the values. i just divided by 4?

What?
I somehow read it as being 5 hours, 4 hours, 4 hours, 7 hours.

Coming on to this has made me realise how many stupid mistakes I made... Dont ask how I did that one.

For the density INDEPEDENT one I though it said DEPENDENT too so put food ability -.-
Original post by lion542
Hated the 0-24 years growth question. It would have been better if they removed a PS question and added one on respiration and krebs cycle which is in it every year.

yeah! it dived right into PS instead of a few easy biology knowledge questions.

i ticked box X as showing GH caused increased body mass as they were both entirely increasing.

next bit i said GH mass greatly decreased from 14 to 24 yet body mass continued to increase which showed there were other reasons for body mass growth.

made in pituatry gland
Original post by Gt1996
What?
I somehow read it as being 5 hours, 4 hours, 4 hours, 7 hours.

Coming on to this has made me realise how many stupid mistakes I made... Dont ask how I did that one.

For the density INDEPEDENT one I though it said DEPENDENT too so put food ability -.-

think you were reading from the bird mass bit which went accordingly with those figures.

was the average breaths thing 45? i remember it was 3 body mass x 15 breaths normal or something :s-smilie:
Reply 43
Original post by GreigM
yeah they will accept that, they just need coverage of the entire course throughout your mock exams.

Are you sure?

The thing is that units 1 & 2 was 2.5 hours long and unit 3 was 1 hr long so it was longer than an actual exam paper :frown:. I think I have ruined my chances after today...
Reply 44
think you were reading from the bird mass bit which went accordingly with those figures.

was the average breaths thing 45? i remember it was 3 body mass x 15 breaths normal or something :s-smilie:

Yeah I remember getting 45.

Ill be lucky if I get a B, that was my goal :frown:
Reply 45

I did that too for the body mass question but it seems too simple for Higher bio right?
Original post by xoJennyox
I did that too for the body mass question but it seems too simple for Higher bio right?

well the bird mass at the end of whenever was 3 so i just x by 15 which was for 1g, suppose it was kinda easy.

does anyone have the damn paper? :colone:
Reply 47
well the bird mass at the end of whenever was 3 so i just x by 15 which was for 1g, suppose it was kinda easy.

does anyone have the damn paper? :colone:

Too easy...considering the standard of the other questions! I wish that we got to take a paper home for bio but you can't. I just want to see how many marks I have definitely lost. It may put my mind at ease.
Reply 48
Original post by Gt1996
Yeah I remember getting 45.

Ill be lucky if I get a B, that was my goal :frown:

Same :smile:
Hey guys, I found the paper pretty hard:/ I'm sure I lost a few marks on the essay questions!:frown: but see for the very first question in section B, did yous put phosphate first then the sugar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
yeah! it dived right into PS instead of a few easy biology knowledge questions.

i ticked box X as showing GH caused increased body mass as they were both entirely increasing.

next bit i said GH mass greatly decreased from 14 to 24 yet body mass continued to increase which showed there were other reasons for body mass growth.

made in pituatry gland

Wow, thats exactly what I put :biggrin:
think i've managed a B but was really shooting for an A, ah well, would be great if someone had a hold of the paper.
Reply 52
Original post by danaa
Hey guys, I found the paper pretty hard:/ I'm sure I lost a few marks on the essay questions!:frown: but see for the very first question in section B, did yous put phosphate first then the sugar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deoxyribose not sugar I think.

Yeah thats what I wrote, but I mean did you put the phosphate first then the deoxyribose sugar in that order:tongue: because I'm really bad at making silly mistakes like putting it the wrong way round

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by danaa
Yeah thats what I wrote, but I mean did you put the phosphate first then the deoxyribose sugar in that order:tongue: because I'm really bad at making silly mistakes like putting it the wrong way round

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I think so, I can't really remember but the small round thing is the phosphate :smile:.
Reply 55
What did you guys get for hummingbirds questions and the last question about some yellow substance for B-galactosidase?
Yes I think so, I can't really remember but the small round thing is the phosphate :smile:.

Ah hope I put them the right way round:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deoxyribose is a sugar, although I have no idea what the question said. :tongue:
Reply 58

I put deoxyribose sugar? Is that the same thing?
Reply 59
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Deoxyribose is a sugar, although I have no idea what the question said. :tongue:

Yep I know :smile:. But the SQA want the word Deoxyribose on the paper and not just sugar!

The question consisted of a diagram of a nucleotide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending