The Student Room Group

Higher Biology Exam?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OliviaTurner
Does anyone know when the marking scheme comes out? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It won't come out on the SQA website until August I don't think... however, there should be unofficial mark schemes from several schools coming out soon. I really want to find one!
Reply 161
for extended answer 1A ii) i wrote a huge paragraph on the light independent stage and then realised it was dependent and had to score it all out
Original post by am16
for extended answer 1A ii) i wrote a huge paragraph on the light independent stage and then realised it was dependent and had to score it all out

Did you finish...o:

As I did something similar^^
Reply 163
Does anyone have the question paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eilidhb
That's so amazing!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hehe thank you :smile: I'm sure you'll have done just as well :biggrin:
Original post by CSM1996
I think it may be go down a bit to maybe 82% this year because of the increased problem solving questions... whereas last year the exam was easier.

Ooh okay, probs will then if the general grade boundaries are lower :smile: Best of luck with your results, I'm sure everyone will be fine in the end! :biggrin:
Down to 82% for an A? It's usually 70%. I think an A this year will be about 87/130

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 167
Original post by JimmyGatz
Down to 82% for an A? It's usually 70%. I think an A this year will be about 87/130

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I was talking about an A1 sorry didn't specify :smile:
Original post by am16

What's the difference again?? Either I'm being stupid or I've forgotten the whole course within a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
Original post by OliviaTurner
What's the difference again?? Either I'm being stupid or I've forgotten the whole course within a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the light dependent stage is in the grans and it's where water is split into hydrogen and O2, and ATP is produced

light independent- Calvin cycle with RuBP accepting co2 and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
So much analysing graphs and maths questions.

Made me want to be sick:frown:
Reply 171
Had a really horrible thought last night that I forgot to write the essay question letter which I did. Really hope I wrote it.

Do you think a marker would take all the marks off? Because I wrote the title's and Q1/Q2, just not a/b
I had a horrible thought I marked down the wrong answers for multiple choice..because iv done that before :c
Reply 173
Original post by Euan23
Had a really horrible thought last night that I forgot to write the essay question letter which I did. Really hope I wrote it.

Do you think a marker would take all the marks off? Because I wrote the title's and Q1/Q2, just not a/b

They don't care if you haven't wrote the letter because it should be easy to decipher between the two questions :smile:

Original post by Proud_Student
I had a horrible thought I marked down the wrong answers for multiple choice..because iv done that before :c

Do you mean like you missed a question then continued to fill the rest of the questions in the wrong spot? If so this will be flagged up by the computer and someone will check it :smile:
Reply 174
For those who are saying that the grade boundaries for an A1 will be 82%-85%....WRONG. For the past few years to achieve the best grade in Biology students only needed around 80%.
Reply 175
Anyone do the translation of mRNA essay question ?
Original post by CSM1996
They don't care if you haven't wrote the letter because it should be easy to decipher between the two questions :smile:

Do you mean like you missed a question then continued to fill the rest of the questions in the wrong spot? If so this will be flagged up by the computer and someone will check it :smile:

haha..thanks that put my mind to rest (phew) :cool:

and all I hope is I get a B in Biology...I wanna do Advance higher since it looks interesting and the teacher is actually a good one compared to the one I had this year ._.
Reply 177
Original post by Proud_Student
haha..thanks that put my mind to rest (phew) :cool:

and all I hope is I get a B in Biology...I wanna do Advance higher since it looks interesting and the teacher is actually a good one compared to the one I had this year ._.

I'm hoping for an A which I think I've done enough to get but you never know, I could of got it majorly wrong haha.

I'm the polar opposite, my teacher this year was good but the teacher who teaches advanced higher is sht :frown:
Original post by JackoGeddes
and for the DNA one at the beggining - first box was hydrogen bonds break between base pairs
second box was - chemical bond form between phosphate of one nucleotide and deoxyribose of another giving it 'backbone'

help :P

That's what I put!
Original post by CSM1996
I'm hoping for an A which I think I've done enough to get but you never know, I could of got it majorly wrong haha.

I'm the polar opposite, my teacher this year was good but the teacher who teaches advanced higher is sht :frown:

Yeah our teacher was horrible...only 4 ppl got B in our Prelims...everyone else fail! (I failed by 1 mark D: )

But for our second prelim i got B so i hope I get a B in final exam

I wanna study science in University so I'm hoping for the best :/

In general only my maths,english and History teachers were good..my Chemistry teacher was ok but she was kinda confusing and our Biology teacher was so bad. He used to lecture us for 20 mins at the start about how we would fail, and then waste even more time going over last nights homework since he did not want to mark it!

its a wonder we finished the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending