Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that there isn't much difference between the difficulty of an a level in psychology and a degree, there's just more to learn. Can any body tell me if that's true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.louise)
    I have heard that there isn't much difference between the difficulty of an a level in psychology and a degree, there's just more to learn. Can any body tell me if that's true?
    As you progress, of course it'll be harder. That's the point. However, it won't be a dramatic change and you'll be eased in to it. Don't worry!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    You have less given to you - more reading and independent study to do. Plus it's less formulaic than the A Level (in a good way - less ticking boxes).

ReputationRep:
    It also depends somewhat on what University you go to, and how much you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    I've never done psychology at A-level, but as a Biology student I get to choose some psychology optional modules and I can safely say they're very, very easy. Psychology students somehow also appear to be more dedicated to work than students in my course for some reason.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    This depends on what level you're working at. If you go through A levels getting Cs and Bs, then go to university and aim to pass/get a 2.2, then it's probably about the same level of difficulty.

If you get As and A*s at A level, and want to get a 1st class degree, you're going to really notice the difficulty increase between A level and Uni. It will be much harder.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really notice the change from getting A*s at A level to solid 2.1s at uni, although you have to put more work in, you will probably enjoy it more, as someone else mentioned, uni work is a lot less formulaic and not about ticking boxes which i found boring. If you want to get a first then you really need to self-motivate yourself alot (much more so than a level!). Also which uni you are at may make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    is psychology harder than RE at a level ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.