Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    During the day and night my glasses are just resting on my table and when I come to put them on (usually evening after I take my contacts out) they are so dirty.

There's loads of dust on it which irritates me, and I have to clean them very often.

Is there a way to prevent them from getting dirty?

How often do you clean your glasses and what with?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to come across as sarcastic by suggesting this, but, you could always put them in a glasses case when not in use rather than leaving them out to get dirty.

I clean mine every other day, by putting them under a trickling stream of water from the tap, and then wiping them with a thin cloth (the one that comes with the case).

Or sometimes I do the very classical breath onto glasses and then wipe the condensation away with a bit of the sweater I am currently wearing. Makes me feel like a an old librarian whilst doing it, but it gets the job done most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Like all the time, really handy for awkward situations/eye contact etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only need them for reading however im not very good at cleaning them. Usually when I think it looks like im getting cateracs(sp?) with my glasses on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I keep mine in a case and clean them every time I get them out to put them on with the glasses wipe I got with them.
    If they get extremely dirty (which they don't unless I leave them on my desk or something) then I wash them under the tap a little and wipe them with the glasses wipe.
    Some of my friends have disgustingly dirty glasses and it really grosses me out because then that dirt is just going on your face. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see smudges. I use soap once a week so it does make a lot of difference. There are days I won't use them at all and they'll be either on a table or in a case... I used to be more careful with glasses but got too lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I just wipe them with the cloth whenever I start seeing specks (:teehee: - no pun intended) or smudges on them.

ReputationRep:
    I never notice all the marks on my glasses, but they do get really dirty. Bearing in mind I wear them almost constantly, I only actually notice the dirt when I take them off. Window cleaner works really well generally when I can be bothered to clean them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Omg I know how you feel. BUT, you don't have it as bad as me!

My eyelashes are naturally long and they will always make contact with my classes, thus smudging and scratching it! I am having to clean my glasses every hour or 2. It's the most frustrating thing ever!!

I cannot wear contacts cause they cost an arm and a leg per a month for me :/

Yeah I know I didn't answer your thread, but I needed to vent my problem, sorry!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.