Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional offer (AAB) to study Chemistry at the University of Bath, but I've recently been considering trying to change to Pharmacy. They both have the same general entry grade requirements, though I realise the Pharmacy course is quite a bit more competitive.

Does anyone know how likely it is that I would be able to change course, and how I would go about it? If I tried to change to Pharmacy and was unsuccessful, would I still have my offer for Chemistry?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You would have to speak to the admissions tutor in both the Chemistry department (Jonathan Cox) and Pharmacy as they will deal with admissions separately so I'd contact them asap! I'm not too sure about if you could keep your offer whilst applying to Pharmacy as it could be given to someone who wants it more.

Anyway it sucks to hear you don't want to do Chemistry...any particular reason/anything I can help with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekylouisex3)
    You would have to speak to the admissions tutor in both the Chemistry department (Jonathan Cox) and Pharmacy as they will deal with admissions separately so I'd contact them asap! I'm not too sure about if you could keep your offer whilst applying to Pharmacy as it could be given to someone who wants it more.

Anyway it sucks to hear you don't want to do Chemistry...any particular reason/anything I can help with?
    It's not that I don't want to do chemistry, it's still definitely my favourite subject at A level, I've just quite enjoyed a few of the topics in biology which are relevant to pharmacy. Not to mention job prospects are significantly better with a pharmacy degree as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the answer though, I'll see if I can get in touch with the relevant people soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilmax)
    It's not that I don't want to do chemistry, it's still definitely my favourite subject at A level, I've just quite enjoyed a few of the topics in biology which are relevant to pharmacy. Not to mention job prospects are significantly better with a pharmacy degree as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the answer though, I'll see if I can get in touch with the relevant people soon.
    Not doing Pharmacy or Chemistry. But got the understanding that due to relative low entry requirements for the level of pay and not enough supply of graduates the number of students joining Pharmacy and the seats available to study the subject increased and now has reached a point of oversupply. Not trying to discourage anybody just suggest one looks at job demand supply trends too. Best of luck with your decision.

An interesting TSR post titled "Students should think twice about pharmacy"
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...light=pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilmax)

Your job prospects with a chemistry degree are pretty good actually - don't dismiss it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.