Can anybody tell me about this?
    What are people like there?
    What is the hall like?
    What are the rooms like?
    Are the flats mixed?
    What is the communal area like?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Im Lewis, Hall Chair for Rigg-Rut, so hopefully I can fill you in a bit!

The People - you wont meet a nicer group of people. Next year we're the smallest hall on campus, and that definitely counts for something. I dont know another hall with as strong a family-feel, and its because in the other halls its near impossible to get to know everyone. Here youre on first-name terms within the week!

The Hall - its one of the newest on campus (along with Elvyn and Bakewell, which are all identical on the inside), and has flats of 6 or 8 which share a kitchen, and bedrooms have 4ft beds and ensuite. There are 360 degree views of rooms on the Student Accommodation website, and full breakdown of what all the halls have.
    We also have a common room thats exclusively for Rigg-Rut residents with ping-pong, snooker, darts, sofas, 50" flatscreen, sound system; its free for hall residents to use, and is also where the hall committee hold hall socials throughout the year.

The Rooms - Ive already said about the rooms a bit, but theres also a big desk, full wifi (and Ethernet ports at every desk), desk chair, wardrobe, heated towel rail and loads of storage space under the bed and on top of the wardrobe. The ensuite is a wet-room as well.

The Flats - all flats are mixed sex, but also mixed year and course, so there aren't only flats of first year boy engineers, its fully mixed.

Communal Areas - Ive already said about our common room (Granby) but all the flats have a lounge area with a dinner table and sofas, and we also have our own courtyard thats pretty sick in the sun in the summer (and in the snow in the winter).

We havent got our new fresher page up on facebook yet (coming VERY soon!), but you CAN check out our website for more details! Check back every now and then and there will be a link to facebook once its up and running!

I cant post the hall website address unfortunately, but if you google 'Hazlerigg Rutland Hall' it should be the top result.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Lewis Wright

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.