Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen 5 highers to take next year although I do not want to do higher english anymore. Can i drop it and how do i go about doing so?

ReputationRep:
    It depends about your school. Some schools(like mine) insist that you do English in 5th year. If it's not compulsory, you'll be able to change by speaking to your guidance teacher, or the teacher who's in charge of timetabling(usually a deputy head?). If you speak to your guidance teacher first they'll be able to get it changed for you

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean dropping to Int2? I'd be wary of dropping English altogether tbh, it's a requirement for so many things.
    If you do decide to though, our school gets us to talk to them about it when we go back in June and I reckon that's pretty similar in most places.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. No skier i mean dropping it completely. I did my standard grade in 3rd year (achieved a 1) and i'm currently doing int2. For my career path, english is not compulsory at all. I feel taking 4 highers instead of 5 will give me more leverage and less workload to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleythomas)
    Thanks for the replies. No skier i mean dropping it completely. I did my standard grade in 3rd year (achieved a 1) and i'm currently doing int2. For my career path, english is not compulsory at all. I feel taking 4 highers instead of 5 will give me more leverage and less workload to handle.
    Oh okay if your doing int2 now that makes more sense.
    I really don't mean to be patronising or anything (I'm assuming you've already thought this through) but just remember that if you do want to go on to uni, many require 5 highers at one sitting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.