The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR McDonald's Munchie Championship!

It was inevitable that this wuld be the next one. With the greatest abundance of requests coming in for "Fast Food", and with McDonald's proving to consistently pop up (by a staggering 6/10 individuals voting in it's favour) as the favourite branch of Fast Food Restaurants, McDonald's food has become the subject of our latest TSR FOODIE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

You should know how this works by now; I take the figures based around the UK sales figures of a recent year - per units sold. Then I take the top forty(ish) products, if available, I pit them against one another in a randomly selected heat, and you simply vote for who deserves to win (save for a few "knockout rounds").

THE WINNER OF THE MCDONALD'S MUNCHIE CHALLENGE WILL GO ON TO THE PANTHEON OF PREVIOUS WINNERS, VOTED FOR BY YOU:

TSR CHOCCY BAR CHAMPION: MARS GALAXY BAR
TSR CRISPY SNACK CHAMPION: KELLOGGS PRINGLES
TSR BREKKIE CEREAL CHAMPION: KELLOGGS COCO POPS
TSR DROUTH-DESTROYIN' DRINK CHAMPION: LILT

And now...

TSR MCDONALD'S MUNCHIE CHAMPION: MCNUGGETS

So, here we go; let's find out which product from McDonald's, the home of Ronald, a disturbing giant purple monster and all manner of bizarre anthropromorphic McNugget Children, you love the most! Our competitor list stands as follows based on the 2011 UK Sales Figures (so don't moan if your product isn't on there!):

GRAND OVERALL WINNER:

MCNUGGETS

LOSERS STOLEN AWAY TO DEMISE BY THE HAMBURGLAR:

HASH BROWN
DAIRY MILK MCFLURRY
DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER
DELI CHOICES GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH/WRAP
FRUIT BAG
SAUSAGE AND EGG MCMUFFIN
BLUEBERRY MUFFIN
CRUNCHIE MCFLURRY
GRILLED CHICKEN AND BACON SALAD
BACON AND EGG MCMUFFIN
CHICKEN LEGEND WITH COOL MAYO
MAYO CHICKEN
HAMBURGER
CARROT STICKS
BACON ROLL
BIG MAC
BREAKFAST WRAP
FILET-O-FISH
APPLE PIE
BACON, EGG AND CHEESE BAGEL
MCCHICKEN SANDWICH
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFIN
CRISPY CHICKEN SALAD
STRAWBERRY SUNDAE
DELI CHOICE SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN SANDWICH/WRAP
BIG BREAKFAST
DELI CHOICES SPICY VEGGIE SANDWICH/WRAP
CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE
ICE CREAM CONE WITH 99 FLAKE
FRENCH FRIES
STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE
QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE
FISH FINGERS
BANANA MILKSHAKE
CHICKEN LEGEND WITH SPICY TOMATO SALSA
SAUSAGE, EGG AND CHEESE BAGEL
SUGAR RING DOUGHNUT
CHICKEN SELECTS
SMARTIES MCFLURRY
CHEESEBURGER
TOFFEE SUNDAE
VANILLA MILKSHAKE

This list omits generic drinks such as Sodas and Coffees, and does not include Limited Edition-Only products like Mozzarella Dippers or Creme Egg McFlurry that are not available consistently.

So, are you ready TSR? Are you LOVIN' IT? Let's find out...

IN TSR'S MCDONALD'S MUNCHIE CHAMPIONSHIP!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
FIRST ROUND, FIRST HEAT!!

BANANA MILKSHAKE versus the DELI CHOICES GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH/WRAP!

BE GENTLE, GUYS. They're first into the ring, and the insanely-thick banana elixir had to take extra potassium supplements to get enough pep to go up against the lean, mean, grilled machine that is the Deli Choices sandwich. They're nervous, folks, so don't be cruel! Let's do this!
Banana milkshake!!!

Oh how I miss it. :moon: I'd be quite happy if the banana milkshake won this.
Save the grilled chicken! Introducing Deli choices was a good good day for Mcdonalds.
wrap, banna milkshakes are horrible.
Reply 5
Not a McDonalds fan but I shall participate again in this contestant never the less!

Banana Milkshake :biggrin:
Reply 6
It's GOTTA be a banana milkshake. If I go to maccies for food, it's for a Big Mac or chicken nuggets... not a sandwich I could get from Subway!
Milkshake :3
Banana Milkshake
Milkshake!
Really hope the fillet o fish or mcnuggets wins this- my absolute favessssss!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Milkshake mother****er.
Reply 11
THE BANANA MILKSHAKE WINS!

It brought all the boys to the yard, and damn right, it's better than anything YOU put out. If McDonald's teaches you, it will have to charge. Etcetera.
Reply 12
NEXT HEAT, WHAT'S UP TO EAT?

it's BLUEBERRY MUFFIN versus BACON, EGG AND CHEESE BAGEL!

Two totally different beasts indeed. Sure, this might be the "low fat muffin" on the menu, but there's still more calories than eating a cheeseburger. But hey, it's a cake for breakfast, what did you expect? Oh, you expected something a bit more "breakfasty"? Then Bacon and Eggs then? On... a bagel?! Breakfast just got mental, yo.
Reply 13
I've never had either, but the bagel sounds intriguing, so my vote can go there.
Bagel :coma:
Le muffin :3
Bagel.
The bagel. I'd rather have the sausage one but I'm sure the bacon one is good too.
Muffin.
Muffin. I don't rate bagels.

Quick Reply

Latest