The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR McDonald's Munchie Championship!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by TotoMimo
No more voters? I'll move on shortly otherwise...

I haven't been to McDonalds for ages, so I'm not really voting this thread. I am, however staying subscribed for your terrible puns :lovedup2:
McMuffin.

Never tried McDonald's salad but it's a goddamn salad, not exciting.
Reply 242
SAUSAGE AND EGG MCMUFFIN PREVAILS!

Here in Britain, we should really call American Muffins (the cakes) "American Muffins", and our muffins as "Muffins". But instead we call them "Muffins" and "English Muffins" respectively, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I mean, should we really be using America as our default culture here?!

Well, who am I to judge? Except... well, me, a totally sceptical, overly critical sod with a superiority complex and a blinding sense of patriotism. Er...

MCMUFFIN WINS!
Original post by TotoMimo
SAUSAGE AND EGG MCMUFFIN PREVAILS!

Here in Britain, we should really call American Muffins (the cakes) "American Muffins", and our muffins as "Muffins". But instead we call them "Muffins" and "English Muffins" respectively, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I mean, should we really be using America as our default culture here?!

Well, who am I to judge? Except... well, me, a totally sceptical, overly critical sod with a superiority complex and a blinding sense of patriotism. Er...

MCMUFFIN WINS!

Next heat?

You're making me hungry! It's ashame I haven't passed my driving test yet, because I would raid McDonalds via the Drive Thru and take all the food :colone: :colone:
Reply 244
NEW HEAT SELECTED!

FILET-O-FISH versus the DELI CHOICES SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN SANDWICH/WRAP!

McDonald's one and only premium fish sandwich (and one of only two fish items, full stop) on their menu battles the sweet, sweet chilli of the Deli Choices. When the Filet Melees in this foray, does it flay or does it stay?
FISH FISH FISH!!!! I feel sad for sweet chicken deli, as it's another hot shot in my eyes..but filet o fish is grand!
Phew! So glad the sausage and egg mcmuffin won. I didn't get a chance to vote but it's my second favourite thing on the menu behind the sausage and egg bagel.

Never had either of these two contenders but I'd probably prefer the fish.
Sweet chili chicken deli.

The only one from that range I ever buy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Sweet chilli chicken deli.

Never had the fillet o fish before.
OMG FILET O FISH.
YES PLEASE.
<3.
I'd order that over anything else, hands down.
Sweet chilli chicken deli- not a fan of fish and sweet chilli chicken is the only deli I ever get.
Reply 251
Fillet o fish. Tis a Breath of fresh air in fast food world, although I'd like to see them serve a double fillet o fish.
Fillet o fish for me!
Reply 253
Fillet of fish!
Fillet o Fish. I don't like fish but I bloody love this burger.
Reply 255
FILET-O-FISH WINS!

The fish finger sandwich-on-crack takes the heat! There's nothing to hate about Filet-o-Fish (pronounced "Fil-ay oh fish", not "Fill-utta-fush" as my uncouth sister pronounces it) - it's a giant fish finger, tartare dressing, and the most pillowy, soft, "I'd use it on my bed for the sweetest dreams" bun on McDonald's menu.

Separate sidenote; I'm sure someone mentioned before they wished McDonalds would do a bigger version - in Korea and other far-eastern regions, McDonald's does the Filet Mac, which is a Big Mac - of fi****ude....

EDIT: I didn't write an expletive, I wrote "Fi-shi-tude", sans hyphens. Curses, indeed.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 256
NEW HEAT!

CHEESEBURGER takes on the BIG BREAKFAST!

The classic hamburger gets adorned with a crown of melty cheese, and struts around like he owns the place. But his competitor is a behemoth of a brekkie - the Big Breakfast! Scrambled Eggs, a buttered English Muffin, Sausage Patty, Hash Brown and a bottle of Orange, served in the Polystyrene Tray of Power (tm), it's a breakfast for a king!*

*Interesting sidenote is that it's exactly the same amount of food as a McMuffin meal, just deconstructed. Think about it!

Which is your choice, TSR?
Cheeseburger- not a big fan of eggs or hashbrowns so I wouldn't buy the breakfast. Plus the cheeseburgers are handy if you just want a cheap snack.
Cheeseburger purely for the fact I'm not keen on everything in the breakfast meal.
How could anyone say no to a cheeseburger? :eek:
I have to go for the cheeseburger. It's just absolute yumminess. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest