Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm in an awful place at the moment I've just bombed my first exam and am pretty sure I'll do the same tomorrow (m in 2nd year). I haven't been to any lectures since January mainly because I lost interest with the course but I know feel dejected and hopeless beacuse I know I'm going to fail my exams and my life will basically be over as I've got no plans for the future. On top of this I've got my parents to worry about who will basically disown me if I drop out of uni as I've been given an allowance of £50 a week from them and it will all just have been a waste of money on their part not to mention the £16,000 debt I will leave with. Any advice? (please let it be constructive because I know I've got nobody to blame but myself I just hate the thought of my whole family being angry and disappointed in me.)

ReputationRep:
    Which course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Biomedical Science

ReputationRep:
    can you not retake the year?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I can

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, people generally don't miss four or five months' of lectures because they 'lost interest' - how have you been feeling over that time? Is there any possibility you could be suffering from depression? If so, getting along (as soon as possible) to the doctor's, and to your uni's wellbeing-type people, would be a good idea. If you're struggling because of an issue affecting your health (whether physical or mental), it may be that your exam performance can be mitigated (assuming it's as bad as you think), or that you could retake the exams during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    I just got quite lazy I think with attendence to lectures but I still went to all my labs and seminars Its not depression I don't think becaause I've never felt really "down" in that time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.