Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When women talk about football, do they parrot what their bfs tell them about it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If a woman/women didn't have a bf interested in footie, would they by themselves develop an interest in the sport?

Do they develop an interest because their spouses or bfs are interested in it? Do their opinions basically come from their boyfriends and husbands?
    I say this because women don't really play football exc for the minority who nobody follows. Why would women develop an interest in something they don't play?

Which begs the question, can you be a follower of football if you don't play it?

An afterthought, I suppose you can be interested in the sport for the wrong reasons, eg. you admire the player.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yes, you can be a follower of something you don't play. And women can be interested in football whether or not they have a boyfriend/spouse who is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love football. I come from a massive football-fan family. I used to play football, and only seem to go out with guys who aren't interested in it. My interest in football is just that, an interest in football!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.