Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I have my higher English exam on Monday and I am not prepared for the critical essays what so ever, writing has never been my strong point the best mark i have gotten for writing is only 15 out of 25 and that is doing the essay with sufficient time in the house, what i am aiming for is an A in English however I know is very unlikely, i am pretty confident that i can get a decent mark in close reading and my folio is pretty decent so bottom line is has anyone ever been in the same situation and has managed to get an A? Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Although this is the opposite to you, a girl that my teacher taught 2 years ago got 12/50 on her close reading exam and got an A because she was so good at essays and her folio was really strong! If you can get 2 15s, you can still get an A if you do well in the close reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    Although this is the opposite to you, a girl that my teacher taught 2 years ago got 12/50 on her close reading exam and got an A because she was so good at essays and her folio was really strong! If you can get 2 15s, you can still get an A if you do well in the close reading
    thank you so much for replying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.