Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, basically, I just sent off my student finance application and it says they've sent my mum an email and they're waiting for my mum to send her financial information, but I don't remember every typing in her email address, also, on the application I made sure to click "use household income" and scrolled it to "£36,000" which is my mum's income, however at the end when I was just about to confirm it stated "select maximum loan or less" or something like that so I could only tick the maximum loan part which is £3575 but when filling out my household income it stated I should get around £5200. And now when I log back into student finance it says "amount requested - maximum" and says "the amount I'm entitled to "£3575" when I should be getting £5200, is this normal?. Also, on the section it says "What is the address you will be staying at during studying? If you don't know put down your home address but when you find out update it" however I sent it off with my home address as I don't know what address I will be staying at yet and the deadline is soon, is that important? I know this is quite long, any feedback/help will be appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrChuckNorris)
    Hi, basically, I just sent off my student finance application and it says they've sent my mum an email and they're waiting for my mum to send her financial information, but I don't remember every typing in her email address, also, on the application I made sure to click "use household income" and scrolled it to "£36,000" which is my mum's income, however at the end when I was just about to confirm it stated "select maximum loan or less" or something like that so I could only tick the maximum loan part which is £3575 but when filling out my household income it stated I should get around £5200. And now when I log back into student finance it says "amount requested - maximum" and says "the amount I'm entitled to "£3575" when I should be getting £5200, is this normal?. Also, on the section it says "What is the address you will be staying at during studying? If you don't know put down your home address but when you find out update it" however I sent it off with my home address as I don't know what address I will be staying at yet and the deadline is soon, is that important? I know this is quite long, any feedback/help will be appreciated, thanks!
    Your mum needs to fill in her financial info before they can assess you based on your household income, and then send off her evidence. Only once that is done will you get your final notification letter with all your entitlement on it.

It doesn't matter which address you put down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Your mum needs to fill in her financial info before they can assess you based on your household income, and then send off her evidence. Only once that is done will you get your final notification letter with all your entitlement on it. <br />
    <br />
    It doesn't matter which address you put down.
    <br />
    <br />

Ohh good, thank you, I was getting worid that was all im receiving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrChuckNorris)
    <br />
    <br />

Ohh good, thank you, I was getting worid that was all im receiving
    No problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.