The Student Room Group

English literature GCSE

Hi I have got my English lit exam on Monday, it involves 'of mice and men' and 'An inspector calls'. I am trying to revise by doing past question however i was wondering are there any more effective ways to revise for this exam? :smile: please help me, thanks
Hmm there isn't really many ways to revise for this exam other than just practising doing the work and to try to practise your Comprehensive skills.

Maybe try to get your parents to grab a random piece of text from a book and ask you questions on it. This is good practise as it is actually harder than what the exam will be. This technique is actually testing your skills on an 'unseen' which is harder than what your exam will be as you already know what text you shall be tested on.
Know that book inside out, literally! Also, try and come up with themes and relate this to the American dream. For e.g. Power is a huge theme, Steinbeck creates different types of power: Physical power, power in the ranch, status power. Research all of this and find quotations, use alternative interpretations (examiners LOVE this!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending