Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I applied for Student Finance it said that I was entitled to a student loan, a maintenance loan and a maintenance grant - I just got my letter through the post today and it states that I can only get the maintenance loan, it said nothing about the grant... what can I do? I don't think I could survive the year off of £3500 when I need to pay for accommodation etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeyJB)
    When I applied for Student Finance it said that I was entitled to a student loan, a maintenance loan and a maintenance grant - I just got my letter through the post today and it states that I can only get the maintenance loan, it said nothing about the grant... what can I do? I don't think I could survive the year off of £3500 when I need to pay for accommodation etc...
    This has been covered SO many times on here in the past 2 - 3 weeks. It's because they haven't assessed your evidence yet, to work out how much grant you're entitled to. They'll send you another letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    This has been covered SO many times on here in the past 2 - 3 weeks. It's because they haven't assessed your evidence yet, to work out how much grant you're entitled to. They'll send you another letter.
    I applied about 3 weeks ago; when my friend applied he got his assessment letter a week later then got his confirmation later (what I've got) detailing that he's entitled to the loans and the grant. I haven't had an assessment letter and I've had the confirmation letter...

ReputationRep:
    When I got my letter, it said both my loan and grant.

ReputationRep:
    this happened to me

i dont know what causes i think it was you must have pressed a wrong button somewhere

the two should come through on the same letter

to get mine fixed i phoned student finance they said to download a form cant remember what it was but they will tell you. fill in this from with your parents or whoever you live withs income send it to student finance and they will get it processed.

do this as quickly as you can. i didnt get mine sorted until november of that year so do i NOW.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jordan294)
    this happened to me

i dont know what causes i think it was you must have pressed a wrong button somewhere

the two should come through on the same letter

to get mine fixed i phoned student finance they said to download a form cant remember what it was but they will tell you. fill in this from with your parents or whoever you live withs income send it to student finance and they will get it processed.

do this as quickly as you can. i didnt get mine sorted until november of that year so do i NOW.
    it's a change in circumstance form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.