Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Basically I'm happy with my body its just my thighs
    I do so much exercise and on a healthy diet
    But the Fat from my leg doesn't budge
    It really affects my self confidence and my dream would be to have skinny legs
    It must be hereditary but if there is fat present then there must be a way to get rid of it
    I was gonna try the liposuction treatment but it's too expensive
    Any help guys pls I'm so desperat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol its your dream to have skinny legs?

ReputationRep:
    pics

ReputationRep:
    Well yes wats the prob wiv that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty depressing if your dream in life is to have skinny legs... I've got pretty chunky thighs too but its hardly important

ReputationRep:
    Type in fat thighs on google images that basically sums it up and I'm being serious pls don't take it as a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most people who claim that they're on a 'healthy' diet usually aren't.

ReputationRep:
    How much is "so much exercise" and if you're hoping for a huge gap in your legs- that's hard to get through working out less u do it a lot... And takes sometimes years of work..

ReputationRep:
    If you are otherwise a healthy weight then there is not really any advice we can give. It is not possible to target weight loss to specific body areas without surgery. Try to focus on what you like about your body and not just on the imperfections. It is easy to get so hung up on a specific body part that you lose sight of how lucky you are to have a healthy, nice body.

it is sad that having skinny legs is your dream. im sure you have bigger dreams than that. Having lipo to get "skinny legs" won't make you feel better. You have to deal with your insecurities from within. x

ReputationRep:
    Play Football !

ReputationRep:
    Just work on your fitness and diet and perhaps look at some specific exercises for thighs.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though in terms of guys. Men are genetically disposed to like women with good sized thighs. Why impregnate a woman who doesn't have sufficient fat stores to go through pregnancy?

There was a poll on here a couple of weeks ago with pics of the perfect female body shapes. There was one picture where the girl had a great body, but pretty big thighs. I believe out of the 6 options, she was the 2nd most popular!

Most men honestly like women with a bit of fat on them, unfortunately many men/women have been brainwashed to think that skinny thighs are good

ReputationRep:
    If you're genuinely overweight and the fat is mainly on your thighs, then I would recommend Slimming World as they've done wonders for my overall health and weight.

Unfortunately you can't spot-lose weight if you're happy with the rest of your body, so you'll have to learn to love them!

ReputationRep:
    Noo I hate them how can I love them I hate myself for having them
    This is the only drewm I've ever wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But a bit of fat on the thighs isn't that bad, it can be very sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammmmm)
    Hey guys
    Basically I'm happy with my body its just my thighs
    I do so much exercise and on a healthy diet
    But the Fat from my leg doesn't budge
    It really affects my self confidence and my dream would be to have skinny legs
    It must be hereditary but if there is fat present then there must be a way to get rid of it
    I was gonna try the liposuction treatment but it's too expensive
    Any help guys pls I'm so desperat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go to the gym and work on your thighs, it will only tone them but it will look much better and besides big thighs are nice so I've been told by people because I have big thighs but I tone mine from squats,gym, football, anything really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Squats and dead lifts are your friends!

ReputationRep:
    What are deadlidlfts and how many would yu recommend thanx guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say without knowing your body composition, but as a guide, I do 3 sets of 10 stiff-legged deadlifts (see here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...rbell-deadlift) with 85lbs (though I started on 20lbs 5 months ago. Take it slow and do it properly, else you'll hurt yourself!)
    I also do 3x10 100lb squats (again, started on 20...learn technique before loading the bar).

I do this 3 times a week (along with other weightlifting stuff).
    I dropped an inch around my thighs in about 3 months, coupled with healthy eating (and I mean it...barely any carbs, no chocolate/pizza/burgers, etc. Salad twice a day with meat and tons of steamed veg).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammmmm)
    What are deadlidlfts and how many would yu recommend thanx guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dead lifts are when you have weights and you put them over your head straight away instead of going to your chest.
    Start off with 10 squats,dead lifts and led curls x3 times with short 10 second breaks then move it up by 5 each time you go to the gym, maximum should be 35 no more otherwise your wearing out your muscles which isn't good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.